Functioning of Departmental Councils and Office Councils – Guidelines of JCM Scheme: DoPT OM
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions
Establishment (JCA Section)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 22nd February, 2021
Subject:- Functioning of Departmental Councils and Office Councils – Guidelines of JCM Scheme – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that instructions have been issued by this Department, from time to time, for making effective use of JCM Scheme by Ministries/Departments to discuss the demands of the employees. The Departmental Council set up under the JCM Scheme is the appropriate forum for redressal of the grievances of the employees. However, it has come to notice that the meeting of the Departmental Councils / Staff Councils in various Ministries/Departments, except a few, are not being held regularly.
2. The Staff Side, National Council (JCM) has been raising this issue in the meetings of the National Council and Standing Committee of the National Council (JCM). As per the JCM Scheme “the meetings of the Departmental Council shall be held as often as necessary, and not less than once in four months”.
3. However, it has been observed that in some of the Ministries/Departments, the meetings of the Departmental Councils/Office Councils have not been held for a long time and in many Ministries/ Departments, Departmental Council/Office Council has not been formulated, for redressal of employees grievances.
4. In view of the above, it is requested that the Departmental Council Meetings may be held once in every four months, as follows, as per the laid down guidelines of the JCM Scheme, under intimation to this Department:
|S.No.||During the Period||Date of the Meeting||Updates, if any||Remarks|
4. Further, it is requested that the Departmental Council may be constituted, in those Ministries/Departments, where it has not been constituted, so far and the meetings of the Departmental Council may be held frequently, as indicated in para 3, above to resolve Staff Side grievances.
(S.T. Selvi Singh)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Joint Secretaries (Admn.) of all Ministries/Departments
Copy for information to:-
- Shri Sunil Kumar Mandi, US (RR&DC), DOPT, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
- The Secretary, Staff Side (JCM), 13C-Ferozshah Road, New Delhi- 110001.
Source : Click here to view/download PDF