50% Physical attendance and 50% Work from Home DoPT OM dated 03-01-2022 for Central Government officials below the level of Under secretary.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 3rd January, 2022.
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Attendance of Central Government officials regarding.
Reference : MHA Order No.40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated the 27th December, 2021.
In view of the initial signs of surge in cases of COVID-19, the matter regulating attendance of Central Government employees has been reviewed and it has been decided as under, with immediate effect till 31st January, 2022.
- Physical attendance of Government servants below the level of Under secretary shall be restricted to 50% of the actual strength and the remaining 50% shall work from home. A roster may be prepared accordingly by all the Departments concerned.
- All officers of the level of Under Secretary & above are to attend office on regular basis.
- Persons with Disabilities and Pregnant women employees shall be exempted from attending office but are required to work from home.
- The officers / staff shall follow staggered timings, to avoid over-crowding in offices, as indicted below:
(a) 9.00 A.M. to 5.30. P.M.
(b) 10.00 A.M. to 6.30 P.M.
- All officers/ staff residing in the containment zone shall be exempted from coming to offices till the containment zone is denotifed.
- Those officers/ staff who are not attending office and working from home shall be available on telephone and other electronic means of communication at all times.
- Meeting, as far as possible, shall be conducted on video-conferencing and personal meetings with visitors, unless absolutely necessary in public interest, are to be avoided.
- All Officers/Staff have to ensure strict compliance with covid-appropriate behavior viz. frequent washing of hands/ sanitization, wearing a mask/ face cover, observing social distancing at all times.
- Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of workplace, particularly of the frequently touched surfaces may be ensured. HoDs may also ensure non- crowding in corridors, canteens etc.
2. All Ministries/ Departments / Offices as well as the Central Government employees are directed to ensure strict compliance of instructions on COVID-appropriate behaviour issued by MHA, MoH&FW and DoP&T from time to time.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Tel 2309 4471
- All the Ministries/Departments, Government of India
- PMO / Cabinet Secretariat.
- PS to Hon’ble MoS(PP).
- PSO to Secretary (Personnel)
- Sr. Tech. Director, NIC, DoP&T – for uploading on website.
Source : Click here to view/download PDF