Creation of Posts: Review of Policy – Railway Board RBE No. 48/2020.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways, including Production Units and
Sub: Review of Policy on creation of posts.
Ref: 1.Board’s letter no. E(MPP)2018/1/1 dtd. 04/04/2018 (RBE No. 52/2018)
and E(MPP)2018/1/11 dated 19/12/2018 (RBE No. 198/2018).
2. FC’s D.O. no 2015-B-235 dated 19/06/2020 to GMs Indian Railways.
Board (CRB,FC) has approved following in an Action plan for Economic Measure
and Rationalization of Expenditure :
a) Freezing new posts creation except safety, till further orders:
b) Reviewing of posts created in last two years and if, recruitment has not been done against these posts, reviewing the same for surrendering; and
c) Surrendering 50% of existing vacancies, in other than Safety category.
2. The aforesaid decision of Board is hereby communicated for strict compliance.
3. Instructions regarding review of pending indents(non safety) with RRB is being issued separately.
4, This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director (MPP)
Dated. 02 /07/2020
Copy forwarded for information to:
- PFAs, All Indian Railways and Production Units, DG/RDSO,DG/NAIR Dir/CTIs.
- The Dy. Comptroller & Auditor General of India (Railways), Room No.224, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi. (with 40 spares).
For Finance Commissioner/Railways
Dated. o2 /07/2020
- The General Secretary, AIRF, 4 State Entry Road, New Delhi for information with 35 spares.
- The General Secretary, NFIR, 3 Chelmsford Road, New Delhi for information with 35 spares.
- The Secretary General, FROA, R.No.256-A, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi for information with 5 spares.
- The Secretary General, IRPOF, R.No.268, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi for information with 5 spares.
- All Members, Department Council & Secretary Staff side National Council 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi with 90 spares.
- The General Secretary, AIRPF Association, Room No.256-D, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi with 5 spares.
- General Secretary, All India SC & ST Railway Employees Association, 171/B-3, Basant Lane Railway Colony, New Delhi (15 copies).
For Secretary/Railway Board