RB Order: Exemption of employees with disabilities from roster duty due to COVID-19 situation
भारत सरकार /GOVERNMENT. OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय /MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड) /(RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, dated 29.09.2020
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways, Pus and
Metro Railway Kolkata.
Sub: Preventive measures to control the spread of COVID-19—-Exemption of employees with disabilities from roster duty due to COVID-19 situation.
Ref : i) Railway Board’s letters of even no. dated 22.3.2020 and 27.03.2020; and
ii) DoPT’s OMs. No. 11013/9/2014-Estt.A.III dated 19.5.2020 & 18.5.2020.
In continuation of Railway Board’s letters referred to above, please find enclosed a copy of an OM.No. 34-06/2020-DD-III ‘dated 14.09.2020 received from Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment regarding a clarification issued by DOPT vide their OM-dated 28.8.2020 that their OM No. 11013/9/2014-Estt.A-III dated 05.06.2020 regarding exempting employees with disabilities from roster duty during COVID -19 pandemic is still in force till further orders.[irp posts=”2351″ name=”Finmin: Exemption of Employees with Disabilities from roster duty due to COVID-19 situation”]
2. All Railway Administrations ‘may ‘please ensure compliance of DOPT’s OM dated 05.06.2020 and draw up roster of ‘Staff who are required to attend essential services accordingly exempting the ‘Persons with Disabilities’ (Divyangjan) i.e. those covered under ‘Rights of Persons-with Disabilities Act,2016’ from such duty.
DA: As above.
Director, Estt. E(LL)
Copy to: —
- Shit K.V.S. Rao, Director, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan CGO Complex, New Delhi.
- National Federation of Blind, email : [email protected]
- National Association of Blind, email : [email protected]
- Deaf Employees Welfare Association, email: [email protected]
Click here to view/download full pdf