RBE No. 89/2020: Retention of Railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus – One Time relaxation reg.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
No. E(G) 2020 RN 2-COVID-19
New Delhi, dated 20. 10. 2020
The General Manager/Director General
All Indian Railways/Production Units/RDSO-Lucknow
(As per Standard mailing list)
Sub: One time relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Board, in its meeting held on 29.09.2020, reviewed the following letters issued in
connection with the one-time relaxation given to the allottees of Railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19):
(1) Letter No. E(G) 2020 RN 2 — COVID -19 dated 19.05.2020 (RBE No. 38/2020)
(2) Letter No. E(G) 2020 RN 2 — COVID -19 datéd 01.07.2020 (RBE No. 47/2020) [click here to view]
(3) Letter No. E(G) 2020 RN 2 — COVID -19 dated 31.07.2020 (RBE No. 60/2020) [click here to view]
(4) Letter No. E(G) 2020 RN 2-5 dated 31.07.2020 (RBE No. 61/2020) [click here to view]
Board have, in supersession of above orders, now decided that retention of Railway accommodation shall be allowed for the period from 17.03.2020 to 30.11.2020 by the officers/staff who were/are due to vacate their flats/houses during the above period. No damage rent will be charged for this period. These relaxations will be given to such allottees also who have become unauthorized occupants of Railway accommodation before 17.03.2020. However, in such cases, excluding the retention period from 17.03.2020 to 30.11.2020, the damage charges at telescopic rates, as was continuing prior to this period will apply.
2. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
3. Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Establishment (Genl.)
No. E(G) 2020 RN 2-COVID-19 New Delhi, dated 20. 10. 2020
- PFA, all Indian Railways and Production Units
- Joint Director (Finance) RDSO, Lucknow
- Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General of India (Railways), Room No. 224, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi (copy with 46 spares).
For Member (Finance)/ Railway Board