Workers’ Education Programmes (WEP) to be conducted by Trade Unions for the year 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
No. E(LR)III/2011/WE/01 New Delhi, dated: 04.02.2021
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways and
E CoR, Bhubneshwar
Sub.: Workers’ Education Programmes (WEP) to be conducted by Trade Unions for the year 2021.
Ministry of Railways have decided that subject to the exigencies of work, the facilities of Special Casual Leave (SCL) and special passes may be extended to the participants for the WEPs to be conducted by AIRF and NFIR during the year 2021 as indicated below:-
2. Number of WEPs, participants and duration are to be as under:-
|(a)||At National Level to be held in respect of all Zones and Workshops||4 programmes of not more than 5 days’ duration with not more than 20 participants and 3 Lecturers/ instructors.|
|(b)||At Zonal level to be held in respective Zones only||2 programmes of not more than 4 days’ duration with not more than 20 participants and 3 Lecturers/ Instructors.|
|(c)||For all staff of headquarters at the Zonal Railway Head-Quarters to be held at the Headquarters of the Zones.||1 programme of 2 days’ duration with not more than 15. participants and 2 Lecturers/ Instructors.|
|(d)||At Divisional level to be held in respective Divisions only.||2 programmes of not more than 3 days’ duration with not more than 20 participants and 2 Lecturers/ Instructors.|
|(e)||At workshop level to be held for staff of all workshops taken together in the respective Zonal Railway.||1 programme of not more than 2 days’ duration with not more than 20 participants and 2 Lecturers/ Instructors.|
3. Apart from extending the facility of SCL, serving Railway servants may be extended the facility of special passes as laid down in Board’s letter No. E(W)98PS5-1/54 dated 31.08.1998 for attending the programmes and non Railwaymen participating as Lecturers be given complimentary passes as laid down in the said letter.
4. The list of participants and lecturers in the case of programmes to be a conducted at National level will be on the basis of advice from Board’s office, while the list of participants and lecturers in the case of other programmes will be furnished directly to the concerned authorities by the affiliates of the Federations.
5. These programmes will ordinarily be run by the recognized unions either in the Zonal Headquarters station or in the respective Divisional Headquarter station. Wherever centralized training institutes (like “DD Vashisht Trade Union Education Centre”, Delhi, “J.P. Institute at Garden Reach”, the Training Institute at Secunderabad and “Institute for Workers Training and Research” Secunderabad, “Priya Gupta Memorial Trade Union Education Centre” Pandu, Guwahati and V.V. Giri National Labour Institute/Noida) have been set up, the education programmes may be permitted to be run in these centralized institutes or in case Trade Unions so desire, at any other centralized/convenient location within the jurisdiction of the Division/Zonal Railway subject to instructions contained in para No. 4 of Board’s letter No. E(LR)III/94/WE1/1 dated 14.2.1994.
6. These programmes will, however, be regulated by the COVID guidelines issued by Ministry of Home Affairs vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 27.01.2021 (available on website) and further guidelines to be issued from time to time. Zonal Railways/ PUs may please ensure compliance of these guidelines while holding of such Workmen Education Programmes by Recognised Unions & their Federations.
Please acknowledge receipt.
No. E(LR)IIT/2011/WE/01 New Delhi, dated: 04.02.2021
Copy forwarded for information and necessary action to: –
1) General Secretary, AIRF, No. 4 State Entry Road, New Delhi-110055
2) General Secretary, NFIR, 3 Chemsford Road, New Delhi-110055.