Medical practice during Covid- Pandemic – Persmission regarding | DoPT O.M. F.No. 11013/9/2014-Estt.A-III dated 12-05-2021
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 12th May, 2021
Subject: Medical practice during Covid-Pandemic – Permission regarding.
Attention is invited to the extant instructions issued under MHA’s OM No. 25/4/64-Ests.(A) dated 29.02.1964 vie which it was stipulated that the Heads of Department may grant the permission to central Government servants holding recognized qualifications in any system of medicine and registered under the relevant law in force in the State or Unioin Territory concerned, to undertake the practice, provided the practice is undertaken during spare time, on a purely charitable basis, without detriment to the official duties of the Government servant concerned.
2. The Department has been receiving queries/requests from Cental Government Servants for providing teleconsultation services during the current pandemic. In view of the unprecedented rise in the numbers of COVID-19 cases, and to utilized the in-house capabilities available in the Government to contain the spread of COVID-19 virus and to provide relief to the public, it has been decided that the Central government employees holding recognized qualifications in any system of medicine and registered under the relevant law in force in the State or Union Territory concerned requires no permission from the Head of Departments concerned to undertake the practice/provide teleconsultation, subject to the condition that such practice/teleconsultation is undertaken during spare time, on a purely charitable basis, without detriment to the official duties of the Government servant concerned. However, it is desirable that the Government servants should keep their departments concerned informed for record purposes only.
3. The above instructions/guidelines shall come into effect with immediate effect and to remain in force till further orders.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to Govt. of India
- All the Ministries/Departments, Government of India
- PMO/Cabinet Secretariat.
- PS to Hon’ble MoS (PP).
- PSO to Secretary (Personnel).
- Sr. Tech. Director, NIC, DoP&T – for uploading on website.
Click here to view/download the PDF