International Day of Yoga (IDY) on 21st June 2021 – Consolidated Activity Plan of International Day of Yoga (IDY)-2021
Government of India
Ministry of Labour and Employment
Shram Shakti Bhawan, New Delhi
Date: l lth June, 2021
International Day of Yoga (IDY) on 21st June 2021 – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that International Day of Yoga promotes the culture of Yoga and recognises the positive impact of Yoga on. health and well being. Yoga is immensely rewarding to the common man and Practicing Yoga can lead to increase in the general level of health of the people.
2. The Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) is a Yoga Protocol developed by accomplished Yoga experts, to facilitate harmony in the observation of IDY. It is a 45 minutes drill consisting of Asanas, Kriyas and Pranayam which has become one of the most popular Yoga protocol s in the world. All staff and their family members are, therefore, requested to join on this day from their respective home by doing the 45 minute CYP at 7 am on the 21st June, 2021. This year also CYP will be done at home and in a Covid -19 compliant way and the central message for this year’s IDY is “Be With Yoga, Be At Home”.
3. To encourage to maximum participation in IDY at home, the Ministry of AYUSH and Morarji Desai and National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) have been running fresh batches of the CYP training programme on their social media platform for ease of joining the programme. A “Google Drive link” – https://tinurl.corn/tapefkxz may please be accessed for promotional creative, infographic and short videos regarding IDY activities.
4. Fresh batch of the CYP training programme has also been started from lst June 2021. The programme will be made available on the social media platforms of the Ministry of Ayush and Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
5. A consolidated activity plan is enclosed as Annexure-I.
6. It is requested to kindly perform Yoga at Home with family at 7 am on the 21st June, 2021 on the occasion of IDY-2021. To track public participation, A Google form will be shared 2-3 days before 21st June, 2021 which is to be filled and shared with Ministry of AYUSH.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel No.: 011 23766320
Consolidated activity Plan of International Day of Yoga (IDY))-2021
- IDY 2021 will be observed by encouraging one and all to practice the 45 minute-Common Yoga Protocal (CYP) at 7:00 am on the 21st of June 2021, as has been observed since 2015. The CYP practice will be done this year mostly at home and in a Covid-19 compliant way.
- The central message for this year’s IDY will be “Be With Yoga, Be At Home” and all stake holders will promote the same.
- Fresh batch of the CYP training programme has started from 1st June 2021 and all the stake-holders are being encouraged to follow this programme. The programme will be made available on the social media platforms of the Ministry of Ayush and Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) for the ease of joining the programme at any point of the day and requested to stream the same, or to publicise this information widely for the benefit of the public.
- Link of all the CYP related training materials is provided in the handbook shared with the stakeholders by the Ministry of Ayush. This information may be disseminated to others. This handbook is available in the website of Ministry of AYUSH at https://yoga.ayush.gov.in/idy-2021.
- A “Google Drive Link ” – https://tinurl.corn/tapetkxz carrying various promotional creatives, infographic and short videos for IDY activities is provided, which can be used for widespread promotion of IDY activities through our Social Media.
- Ministry of AYUSH will finalize and share a few hashtags for IDY 2021 which can be used for the promotion of the IDY related events from our social media platforms. This would be shared by them few days before the IDY.
- For tracking the participation in IDY 2021, Google form will be shared with all stakeholders 2-3 days before 21st June, 2021 by Ministry of AYUSH and all participants may use the forum to make their attendance in IDY-2021.
- Use of social Media platforms for promotion of IDY related activities on 21.06.21 may be resorted to.
Click here to view/download the PDF