Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 – Railway Board’s Office Order No. 06 of 2022
भारत सरकार Government of India ae
रेल मंत्रालय Ministry of Railways
रेलवे बोर्ड (Railway oard)
Office Order No.06 of 2022
Sub: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 -Reporting of Officials in Board’s Office
Ref: Office Order No. 71 of 2021
Enclosed is an OM No.11013/9/2014-Estt.A.III dated 3rd January 2022 from Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, DOP&T regarding attendance of Officials. These instructions would now be applicable mutatis mutandis in respect of Officers/Staff working in M/o Railways, Railway Board also till 31st January, 2022.
2. Accordingly, following are to be strictly complied with by all Officials working in Board’s Office:-
- All officials of the level of Senior Scale and above are to attend office on all working days;
- Physical attendance of Officials below the level of Senior Scale may be restricted to 50% with staggered timings. A roster may be prepared with the approval of HOD of branches so as to ensure that 50% of officers/staff (below Senior Scale) attend office on every alternate days;
- While preparing roster respective AMs and PEDs/EDs shall ensure that work in office may not suffer in any way. As such in case of exigencies, officials as per requirement (above 50% limit) may be called to attend office;
- Those officials not reporting to office as per roster are to remain in HQ and to work from home, be available on telephone and other electronic means of communication at all times. In case of non-availability on telephone/electronic means of communication during work from home, the concerned official should apply for leave for particular period;
- Persons with Disabilities and Pregnant Women employees shall be exempted from attending office but are to work from home;
- Officers/staff residing in the containment zone shall be exempted from coming to office till the containment zone is denotified. Such officials would work from home;
- Meetings/discussions, as far as possible, be conducted with video-conferencing and personal meetings with visitors, unless absolutely necessary in public interest, are to be avoided;
- All officers and staff have to ensure strict compliance of covid-appropriate
behaviour viz. use face-cover/mask at all times, maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2-gaj ki doori) in work-place/ common areas, follow health and hygiene practices (for example, frequent washing of hands, use of alcohol bases sanitisers, no spitting etc.) and other guidelines on covid appropriate behaviour as issued by M/o Health & Family Welfare, MHA & DOP&T from time to time;
2.1. Further, attention is also invited to Office Order No. 71 of 2021 regarding exemption of marking attendance through Biometric System; the same would remain suspended till 31st January, 2022.
3. The above issues with the approval of the competent authority.
- Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Attendance of Central Government officials regarding
- Preventive measures to contain the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) — suspension of biometric attendance regarding
( V.N. Singh)
Source: Railway Board