Revision of monetary limits for investigations in loss and fraud by different authorities in Department of Posts – Clarification reg.
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi- 110001
Dated:14th Feb, 2022
All Heads of Circles
All Heads of Regions
Subject: Clarification on revision of monetary limits for investigations in loss and fraud by different authorities in Department of Posts.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this office letter of even no dated 23.09.2021 whereby monetary limits of different postal authorities for conducting investigations and handling of loss and fraud cases were revised.
2. This office is receiving references from different Circles seeking clarifications on the applicability of the revised limits on the loss & fraud cases detected prior to the issue of aforesaid order as well as for statistical closure of the loss & fraud cases amounting upto Rs. 10 lakhs.
3. In the above context, I am directed to convey the clarifications as under:
a) The revised limit of Rs. 10 lakhs will also be applicable for the cases detected prior to 23.09.2021 and that all the loss and fraud cases involving
amount upto Rs. 10 lakhs will be investigated and reviewed at the Circle/Regional level.
b) Circle/Regional Heads would be competent to allow Statistical closure in loss and fraud cases involving amount upto Rs. 10 Lakhs.
This issues with the approval of the DGPS.
Assistant Director General (Inv-l)
Copy for information to:
- Sr. PPS/PPS to Secretary (Posts)/Director General (Posts)
- Sr. PPS/PPS to Members, Postal Services Board/Addl. DG (Cood.)
- AS &FA.
- All Sr.DDsG/DDsG/CGMs/GMs
- Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad
- General Manager (CEPT) for uploading on India Post site.
- All GM (Finance)/DA(P)s
- All Directors, PTCs
- office copy
Source : Click here to view/download PDF