NEFT/RTGS facility for POSB Account holders: SB Order No. 08/2022
SB Order 08/2022
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
All Head of Circles/Regions,
Sub: NEFT/RTGS facility for POSB Account holders-reg.
Attention is drawn to the SB Order No. 08/2022 issued vide this office letter of even no. dated 17.05.2022.
In this connection, after the references received from field units it is to be clarified that NEFT and RTGS are separate products. The SOP circulated for Post Offices in Annexure II of the said order is for NEFT only. RTGS functionality is currently under testing and is expected to be rolled out by 31.05.2022.
The roll out date for NEFT, as mentioned in para 1 of the SB Order No. 08/2022 may be read as 18.05.2022. Separate SOP for RTGS will be circulated in due course before roll out.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
ADG (FS II)
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
- PS to Director General (Postal Services)
- PPS/PS to Addl. Director General (Coordination)/ Member (Banking)/Member (Operations)/ Member(Personal)/Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member(Tech)/AS&FA.
- Addl. Director General, APS New Delhi
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/PLI Directorate.
- Sr. DDG (Vig & CVO)/Sr. DDG (PAF)
- Director, RAKNPA/CGM, CEPT/ Directors of all PTCs
- Director General, P&T (Audit), Civil lines, New Delhi.
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/All DDGs.
- All General Managers, Finance/Director Postal Accounts/DDAP.
- Chief Engineer (Civil ), Postal Directorate.
- All recognised Federations/Unions/Associations.
- The US, MOF (DEA), North Block New Delhi
- GM, CEPT Mysuru for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Guard File.
Source: Click to view/download PDF