Execution of HACINT menu in Finacle CBS and amendments in Rule 61(3) and Appendix-XVI of POSB CBS Manual (Corrected up to 31.12.2021) – SB Order No. 09 / 2022
SB Order No. 09 / 2022
File No. FS·10/8/2022-FS·DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject: Execution of HACINT menu in Finacle CBS and amendments in Rule 61(3) and Appendix-XVI of POSB CBS Manual (Corrected up to 31.12.2021) – Regarding.
HIARM menu in Finacle is executed by SBCO for making adjustment in the balances and interest in the accounts of SBA Type viz. POSA I PPF I SSA and NSS-87/92, due to any reason like correction in the opening balance, wrong interest calculation, restoration of balance in fraud cases etc. on the basis of the orders of competent authority.
2. After making entries in HIARM menu, execution of HACINT menu in Finacle is mandatory for getting the ledgers of the accounts concerned updated. Besides, in case of closure of PPF Loan account, the loan interest is calculated using HACINT menu. HACINT menu is presently being executed at CEPT, Chennai on the basis of requests from the Postmasters.
3. Considering the increase in number of HIARM entries and practical difficulties faced in execution of HACINT at CEPT, Chennai, it is proposed to decentralize HACINT menu will be executed to the CPC In-Charge of CBS·CPCs in the Circle with effect from 3rd June, 2022.
4. Necessary training to the staff of CBS·CPCs has been provided by CEPT, Chennai on 13.05.2022. A detailed Standard Operating Procedure for execution of HACINT menu at CBS·CPCs level is circulated herewith for guidance to CBS· CPCs.
5. In-charge, CBS·CPCs shall file the copies of the orders received m connection with the corrections made through HIARM menu, in a guard file.
6. CEPT will provide the access to HACINT menu to CPC In·charge role users.
7. Provisions of Rule 61(3) of POSB CBS Manual (Corrected up to 31.12.2021) circulated through SB Order No. 03/2022 dated 18.02.2022 is accordingly amended. The texts of the amended provisions are given below.
|Rule / Para No.||Text of the Amended provisions|
|Rule 61 (3)(i)and Para 5(iii)(a) of Appendix- XVI||
For Debiting / Crediting the balance, SBCO can adjust the balance / interest by making suitable correction in HIARM by entering amount to be adjusted along with interest calculated till the end of Financial Year, select Debit / Credit Interest as “D – Debit or C – Credit”, Select Run indicator as ‘C – Credit’ & Applicable From Date as on ’01-04-xxxx’ (xxxx denotes financial year). A single entry in HIARM will suffice for credit/debit, after which In-Charge of CBS- CPC will execute HACINT based on HIARM entries.
|Rule 61 (3)(iii)||
The effect of adjustment entry will be applicable after running of interest using HACINT menu, on this account. Postmaster of HO will send email to the Circle CPC concerned from Official email id mentioning the details of correction for updation of balances. Scanned copy of the orders of Director GPO / Divisional Head / Sr. Postmaster / Chief Postmaster as the case may be should also be attached for reference.
|Para 5Gii)(c) of ppendix-XVI||
Postmaster of HO will send email to the Circle CPC concerned from Official email id mentioning the details of correction for updation of balances. Scanned copy of the orders of Director GPO / Divisional Head / Sr. Postmaster / Chief Postmaster as the case may be, should also be attached for reference.
8. The entries / corrections made through HIARM menu are updated in the ledgers of the accounts concerned as “Consolidated Interest Payment’: Hence, it should be ensured that HIARM menu in Finacle is sparingly used at Head Post Office level.
9. This may be circulated to all the Offices for information and necessary actions.
10. This is issued with the approval of competent authority.
Encl: As above.
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Director (SB-I)
Source: Click to view/download PDF