Grant of paid holiday to employees of Central Government on the day of Bye-Elections in Karnataka, Punjab, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and Meghalaya
F. No. 12/1/2022-JCA
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 21st April, 2023
Subject: General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Karnataka, 2023 and conduct of Bye —Elections to 1(one) Parliamentary Constituency of Punjab and 3 (Three) Legislative Assemblies of Odisha and Uttar Pradesh and 1 adjourned poll in Meghalaya-Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll – regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that as informed by the Election Commission of India, vide their letter No. 78/EPS/2023/5549-5551 dated 31st March 2023 and No. 78/EPS/2023 dated 31st March 2023, General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Karnataka, 2023 and conduct of Bye-elections to 1(One) Parliamentary Constituency of Punjab and 3 (three) Legislative Assemblies of Odisha and Uttar Pradesh and 1 (one) adjourned poll in Meghalaya are scheduled to be held as under:
Schedule for the General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Karnataka, 2023
|S. No.||Name of State||Date of Poll||Day|
|1.||Karnataka (All 224 ACs)||10.05.2023||Wednesday|
Schedule for Bye-Elections to 1(one) Parliamentary Constituency of Punjab and 3 three) Legislative Assemblies of Odisha and Uttar Pradesh and 1 (one) adjourned poll in Meghalaya
|S. No.||Name of State||Parliamentary/Assembly Constituencies No. & Name||Date of Poll||Day|
|1.||Punjab||04-Jalandhar (SC) PC||10.05.2023||Wednesday|
|2.||Odisha||07- Jharsuguda AC||10.05.2023||Wednesday|
|3.||Uttar Pradesh||395-Chhanbey (SC) AC||10.05.2023||Wednesday|
|4.||Uttar Pradesh||34-Suar AC||10.05.2023||Wednesday|
|5.||Meghalaya||23-Sohiong (ST) AC||10.05.2023||Wednesday|
2. In this regard, itis stated that the guidelines have been issued by this Department, vide OM No. 12/14/99-JCA, dated 10.10.2001, regarding closure of Central Government Offices and grant of paid holiday to all concerned, including the daily wage/casual workers, on the date of election. It is reiterated that all the Central government Offices and the Central Industrial Establishments, shall remain closed in the notified areas, where general election to the State Legislative Assembly Constituency and bye election to the Parliamentary Constituency & State Legislative Assemblies Constituencies are to be conducted, on the date of Poil. The employees concern shall be granted paid holiday on the date of Poll to enable them to exercise their right to vote.
3. The above instructions may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. Hindi version wil! follow.
(Sitansu Mohan Routray)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of india
- All Ministries / Departments of Government of India.
- UPSC/ CVC / C&AG / Lok Sabha Secretariat / Rajya Sabha Secretariat/ President’s Secretariat /Vice President’s Secretariat / PM’s Office /Supreme Court/High Court of Karnataka/ High Court of Punjab/High Court of Odisha/High Court of Uttar Pradesh/High Court of Meghalaya
- All attached and subordinate offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions /MHA
- Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi
- Chairmen/Secretaries, Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee, in the State of Karnataka, Punjab, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and Meghalaya
- National Commission for Scheduled Castes/National Commission for Scheduled Tribes/ National Commission for Backward Classes
- The Chief Secretary of the State Government of Karnataka, Punjab, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and Meghalaya
- The Election Commission of India, New Delhi — w.r.t. letter no. 78/EPS/2023/5549-5551 dated 31.03.2023 and 78/EPS/2023 dated 31.03.2023.
- Hindi Section, DOPT — with the request to provide the Hindi Translation.