V.D.A. and Minimum wages for employees employed in Sweeping and Cleaning work w.e.f. 01.04.2023
No . 1/5(5)/2023-LS-II
Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Office of the Chief Labour Commissioner(C)
O R D E R
In exercise of the powers conferred by Central Government vide Notification No. S.O. 190(E) dated 19th January, 2017 of the Ministry of Labour and Employment the undersigned hereby revise the rates of Variable Dearness Allowance on the basis of the average Consumer Price Index for Industrial workers reaching 378.58 from 365.76 as on 31.12.2022 (Base 2016=100) and thereby resulting in an increase of 12.82 points. The revised Variable Dearness Allowance as under shall be payable from 01.04.2023;-
RATES OF V.D.A. FOR EMPLOYEES EMPLOYED IN “Employment of Sweeping and Cleaning excluding activities prohibited under the Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition! Act, 1993”.
|AREA||RATES OF V.D.A. PER DAY (in Rs.)|
- Revised rates of Variable Dearness Allowance and Minimum Wages for Agriculture worker w.e.f. 01.04.2023
- Revised rates of Variable Dearness Allowance and Minimum Wages for Mines worker w.e.f. 01.04.2023
- Revised rates of Variable Dearness Allowance and Minimum Wages for employees employed in Construction work w.e.f. 01.04.2023
- Rates of VDA and Wages for employees employed in loading and unloading work w.e.f. 01.04.2023
- V.D.A. and Minimum wages for employees employed in Sweeping and Cleaning work w.e.f. 01.04.2023
- Revised rates of VDA and Minimum Wage for WATCH & WARD (with and without arms) employees w.e.f. 01.04.2023
- Revised rates of VDA and Minimum Wage for Stone Mines workers w.e.f. 01.04.2023
Therefore, the mm1mum rates of wages showing the basic rates and Variable Dearness Allowance payable w.e.f 01.04.2023 shall be as under:-
|AREA||RATES OF WAGES PLUS V.D.A. PER DAY|
|Basic Wages (Rs.)||V.D.A.
The VDA has been rounded off to the next higher rupee as per the decision of the Minimum Wages Advisory Board.
The classification of workers under different categories will be same as in Part-I of the notification , whereas classification of cities will be same as in the Part-II of the notification dated 19th January, 2017. The present classification of cities into areas A, B & C is enclosed at Annexure I for ready reference.
Chief Labour Commissioner(C)