Postal Order: Online filling of Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs) for all Officers/ Officials
F No. 25-4/2013-SPG (Vol – II)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 20 /07/2020
All Heads of Circles
Addl. DG APS
Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad
General Manager, CEPT, Mysore
Online filling of Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs) for all Officers/ Officials of Department of Posts – regarding.
This is regarding implementation of Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) for online filling of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APARs) for all Group A officers of Department of Posts.
2. In this regard, it is informed that NIC email ID and credentials in respect of all IPoS Group ‘A’ officers and MMS Group ‘A’ officers have been created by the NIC. The data in respect of all IPoS Group ‘A’ officers and MMS group ‘A’ officers as verified by their respective Circles have been mapped and ported in SPARROW. Further. Role of State Custodian and PAR Manager have been assigned to the officers nominated by the Circles. The Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window (SPARROW) for online filling of Annual Performannce Appraisal Reports (APARs) for all IPoS Group ‘A’ officers and MMS Group ‘A’ officers has been made live from 16th July, 2020 for the assessment year i.e. 2019-20.
3. A copy of Standard Operating Procedure for online filling of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APARs) is enclosed herewith and for ensuring following action:
(i) The State Custodian and PAR Manager will generate the workflow of filling online APAR form.
(ii) State Custodian and PAR Manager will initiate the APAR of all the officer for
(iii) APAR of the officers posted in establishment other than Circles will be initiated by the custodian as mentioned in the SOP.
(iv) While creating the workflow and initiating the APAR form, instructions related to timeline for writing the APAR as issued by Department of Personnel & Training vide OM No. 21011/02/2015-Est (A-II) dated 11.06.2020 will be kept in mind.
4. As per the guidelines as mentioned in para 3, the APAR form will be generated by the custodian by 31.07.2020 and APAR form duly filled in by the officer reported upon will be submitted to the reporting authority online by 31.08.2020.
5. The State Custodian and PAR Manager will keep in touch with following officials for resolving any issues which may come up during implementation of the project.
(i) Regarding functionality related issues of SPARROW, Shri Abhishek Sharma with mobile no. 07053073163, email ID [email protected] and landline phone no 011-23044831 will be the Single Point of Contact (SPOC).
(ii) In case of issues related to master data, email ID, change of role-based incumbency, Shri C. P. Singh, Inspector Posts of SPG Branch with mobile no. 09034169633 with email ID [email protected] can be contacted.
(iii) Shri Om Prakash Pokhriyal, Assistant Director (SPG-I) with Mobile No. 08700183313 with email ID [email protected] can also be contacted for resolving any issue related to SPARROW.
6. The Director Postal Services (HQ) will be the nodal officer for implementation for the project in Circles, while in Postal Directorate, Director (Staff) will be the nodal officer. The nodal officers will keep track of the progress on day to day basis so that the generation of workflow, creation of APAR, recording of self-appraisal by officer reported upon, remarks of Reporting and Reviewing Officer are completed as per DoP&T instructions and time schedule quoted in para 3 (iv) and 4 above.
Source: (Click here to view/download the PDF)