Department of Posts : Clarification regarding queries being received in respect of Special cash package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession fare
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
[Establishment Division/P.A.P. Section]
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: 96: jf,» 2-0
1. All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Dte/Parcel Dte/ PLI Directorate
3. Director RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors of All PTCs,
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance)/ DAP/ DDAP
Sub: Clarification regarding queries being received in respect of Special cash package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession fare for Central Government employees during the block of 2018-21.
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s OM No. 12(2)/2020-E.II (A) dated 04.11.2020 on the subject mentioned above for information and necessary action. This O.M. may be read alongwith the O.M. dated 13.10.2020 and 20.10.2020 circulated vide this letter of even number dated 13.10.2020 and 21.10.2020 respectively.
Assistant Director General (Estt.)
- PPS to Secretary (Posts)/ PS to Director General Postal Services.
- Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/ Member (P)/ Member (O)/ Member (PLI)/
Member (Banking)/ Member (Tech)/ Member (Plg & HRD)
- AS & FA
- Sr. DDG (Vig) & CVO/ Sr. DDG (PAF)/ Director General P&T (Audit)
- Secretary, Postal Services Board
- Chief Engineer (Civil) Postal Directorate
- Budget / PA Wing/ C&A / STT Sections of Postal Directorate
- All other Sections of Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations/ Unions/ Associations
- GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website
- Guard File/Spare Copies.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
4th November, 2020
Sub: Special Cash Package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Central Government Employees during the Block 2018-2021 -Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 12th October 2020 and the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) issued vide O.M. of even number dated 20th October, 2020 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Ministries/Departments have raised queries / clarifications with regard to (i) whether the advance taken as per the scheme shall be settled within 30 days of disbursal of advance and (ii) whether the invoice can be in the name of spouse and / or any family member who are eligible for LTC.
3. The Special Cash Package Scheme in lieu of one LTC is to compensate and incentivise consumption by Government Employees and the benefits can be availed up to 31.03.2021. Para 4 of O.M dated 12.10.2020 provides for advance to Government employees in lieu of LTC fare and Leave encashment. As this is a Special Cash Package, the rules relating to advance taken under LTC are not applicable in the present Scheme. Accordingly it is clarified that:
(i) the advance taken under the scheme shall be settled on or before 31st March, 2021, and
(ii) the invoices of the goods and services purchased as per the scheme may be in the name of spouse or any family member who are eligible for LTC Fare.
4. This issues with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
(B. K. Manthan)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt of India
- All the Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India.