ECHS Order – Extension of period for submission of Life Certificate by Central Government pensioners from 1st November, 2020 onward, till February 28, 2021.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Room No. 222, B-Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi—11
Subject: Extension of period for submission of Life Certificate by Central Government pensioners from 1st November, 2020 onward, till February 28,2021.
Kindly refer to this Ministry’s ID Note of even number dated 28.09.2020, vide which a copy of DoP&PW OM No. 18/1/2020-P&PW(C)-6681 dated.11.09.2020 was forwarded to CGDA Office for implementation of instructions contained. DOP&PW’s above said O.M. regarding extension of period for submission of Life Certificate by the Central Government Pensioner and it was requested to take necessary action accordingly.
2. Now, DOP&PW vide their O.M. 18/1/2020-P&PW(H)-Vol-III-6786 dated
23.11.2020 (copy enclosed) has decided to further extend the existing timeline for submission of Life Certificate as under:
“This year, all Central Government pensioners may submit Life Certificate from 1st November, 2020 onward, till February 28, 2021. During this extended period, the pension will be continued to be paid by the Pension Disburing Authorities (PDAs) uninterrupted.”
3. CGDA is requested to kindly take necessary action for implementation of instructions issued by DOP&PW mutatis-mutandis in their above cited O.M. dated 23.11.2020. Action taken in the matter may kindly be intimated to this Ministry.
4. This issues with the approval of Secretary (ESW).
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Telefax : 23012973
Jt. CGDA(Pen), Office of CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Delhi Cantt- 110010
MoD ID No. 3(3)/2020/D(Pen/Pol) Dated 27.11.2020
Copy for information to:
- All the three Services
- Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (Shri Rajesh Kumar, Under Secretary), 8th Floor, Janpath Bhavan, Janpath, New Delhi.
- D(Pension Grievance), DESW for uploading this MoD ID on DESW web site.