Recovery of dues other than Government dues from the retirement benefits of BSNL VRS-2019 Scheme retired employees
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Govt. of India Enterprise)
Pension Section, 5th floor Bharat Sanchar Bhawan
H.C. Mathur Lane, New Delhi-110001
All Heads of Circles/Telecom Districts/ Regions/Projects/
Telecom Stores/Telecom Factories & Other Administrative Offices
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Sub: Recovery of dues other than Government dues from the retirement benefits of BSNL VRS-2019 Scheme retired employees – regarding.
I am directed to refer to this Office letter of even no. dated 29/09/2020, wherein guidelines to recover due amount from the BSNL retirees, other than those retired under BSNL VRS-2019 Scheme has been issued. This is in accordance with the instructions issued vide DOT letter No.1/ misc/ Pen/ Issues/ BSNL/ DDG(Accts)/ 2019-Part(2)/2525 to 2958 dated 24/08/2020.
2. After issuance of the aforesaid letter, the guidelines to recover dues from the BSNL VRS-2019 retirees, who have been occupying BSNL accommodation after retirement, from their terminal benefits were under consideration.
3. Now, with the approval of the Competent Authority, it has been decided to recover the dues from the 2019 BSNL VRS optees, who are still in occupation of BSNL accommodation and also from those who have not submitted “No Dues Certificate” (NDC) in the following manner till they submit NDC after vacation of quarters :-
i) The amount of Leave Encashment payable by BSNL to the BSNL VRS-9019 retiree will be withheld;
ii) The remaining 8% of Ex-Gratia amount payable to BSNL VRS-2019 retiree will be withheld;
iii) Recovery will be made from the amount of reimbursement of Outdoor/Indoor Medical claims submitted by the retiree;
iv) Recovery will be made from the amount of reimbursement of LTC/TA claims submitted by the retiree;
v) Recovery will be made from the amount of reimbursement of Mobile Handset/ Briefcase / Bag/News Paper claims etc. Submitted by the retiree.
4, In this regard, the Unit/Branch, dealing with the allotment of BSNL Quarters may be asked to send Notice/ reminders to the concerned retirees for submitting the “No Dues Certificates” (NDC). After receiving the NDC, only the withheld amount in respect of the concerned retiree may be released by the Circle.
5. Further, as per the Clause 3,B 4 & 5 of Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971, Estate Officer is having full powers to issue Show Cause Notice to the Retired Employees, who were unauthorizedly occupying the Residential Accommodation, stating “Why an order of eviction should not be made within a period of three working days”. Hence, Estate Officers of the Circles are required to take necessary action, accordingly.
6. Estate Officers of the Territorial Circles may take extra care to collect the details of the staff quarters in merged Units in their concerned Circle either through REM in ERP or otherwise and take necessary action to evict the unauthorised occupants under the provisions of the powers vested with them as per the “Eviction of Unauthorised Premises Act of 1971”.
7. The Estate Officers of the Circle/SSA are responsible for any loss caused to BSNL, if they do not exercise the powers vested with them. Suitable action may also be initiated to recover the outstanding dues, if any, from the unauthorised occupants. Action taken in this regard may be intimated to this Office from time to time.
8, All the Heads of Circles/Administrative Units of BSNL are, therefore, “requested to take necessary action, in accordance with the aforesaid guidelines.
(Sudhanshu Shekhar Ray)
Asstt. General Manager (Estt.)
Tele. No. 011-23766036
Copy to :-
1. PPS to CMD, BSNL
2. PS to Dir (HR)/Dir (F)/Dir (Ent.)/Dir (CFA)/Dir (CM), BSNL Board
3. Sr. GM (Estt.)/GM (Pers.)/GM (Admn)/GM (CA) BSNL CO
4. BSNL CO Intranet Portal/Guard File