Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- till 31st July 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 15th April, 2021
Sub: Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- till 31st July 2021- regarding
In view of the Corona Virus Disease(COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to draw attention is the OM of even number dated 27.03.2020 , 29.04.2020 , 29.05.2020 , 24th August 2020, 30th September 2020 and 29.12.2020 vide which an option has been provided to CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 28th Fe!xuary 2021 , irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several representations are received in the Ministry seeking extension of the period in view of the COVID-19 Pandemic resurgence.
3. The matter has been reviewed by the Ministry and it is now decided, in continuation of the earlier OM on the subject, that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases shall be permitted to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st July, 2021 on the same conditions as per the earlier OM dated 27.03.2020 . It is also clarified that the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and CGHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
4. These orders shall be valid from date of issue till 31st July 2021.
5. Issued with the approval of Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW vide CD No 62 dated 15.04.2021.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain)
Director , CGHS
- All Ministries / Departments, Government of India
- Estt.I/ Estt.II/ Estt.III/ Estt.IV Sections, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Admn.I / Admn. II Sections of Dte.GHS
- Addl. Director, CGHS(HQ)/Addl.DDG(HQ) /Addl. Directors of CGHS Cities/Zones
- Rajya Sabha / Lok Sabha Secretariat
- Registrar, Supreme Court of India /Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
- Deputy Secretary EHS.
- Under Secretary , U.P.S.C.
- Under Secretary Finance Division
- Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi.
- PPS to Secretary (H&FW), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- PPS to DGHS AS&MD, NRHM/ AS (H) / AS(AS)/
- PPS to AS&MD , NRHM / AS (H) / AS(AS)/ AS(VS), MoHFW
- Secretary, Staff Side, 13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
- All Staff Side Members of National Council (JCM) (as per list attached)
- Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
- All Offices / Sections / Desks in the Ministry
- UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited, UTI-ITSL Tower, Plot No3 Sector -11, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai-400614
- Nodal Officer, MCTC, CGHS with a request to upload a copy of OM on CGHS Web-site
- Office Order folder
Copy for information to
PS to Hon’ble HFM
PS to Hon’ble MoS
Click here to view/download the PDF