Brief of the meeting held with the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Railway Board on 7th June, 2021
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
No.AIRF/24(C) Dated: June 8, 2021
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions,
Sub: Brief of the meeting held with the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Railway Board on 7th June, 2021
Met yesterday, i.e. on 7th June, 2021, with the Chairman and CEO, Railway Board, and discussed various important long pending issues related to the Railwaymen.
In a prolonged meeting I raised the following significant demands of the Railway Employees lingering in Rail Bhawan since long and expressed concern for not getting resolved since long.
- Regularization of Course Completed Act Apprentices in Railways.
- Career Progression of the staff working in GP Rs.1800 and GP Rs.4600.
- Implementation of accepted recommendations of the 7th CPC in case of SSO(A/Cs)(GP Rs.5400), CMT Cadre under Mech. Deptt., O.T. Asstt. and Lab. Supdt. of Medical Deptt.
- Curtailing 10% posts from D.R. Quota – LDCE “Open to All”.
- Career Progression of Pointsman(four-grade structure)
- Payment of NDA to all Railwaymen performing Night Duty without any pay ceiling.
- Payment of ALK(HQ) to Running Staff during lockdown period.
- Implementation of SALUTE with the Organised Labour.
- Withdrawal of closure decision of five Railway Printing Presses
- Absorption of Quasi-Administrative Staff in Railways.
- Extension of retention period of Railway accommodation
- Extension of period of Periodical Transfers.
- Extension of validity of year-ending Privilege/Complimentary Passes and PTOs.
- Handing over of Railway Sports Grounds/Complex and Stadiums to RLDA for commercial development.
- Fast-tracking of Compassionate Ground Appointments by eliminating calling of reports, Written Tests etc.
- Annual Targets for surrender of posts through Work Studies by the Zonal Railways for the year 2021-22.
- Problems faced by AC Staff engaged in train services due to lack of resting facilities and catering services at the destination stations.
- Career Progression of IT Cadre in Indian Railways.
Besides the above, also raised COVID-19 related issues, viz. payment of ex-gratia amounting to Rs.50 lakh, priority to the Railwaymen in vaccination, treating Railwaymen as “Frontline Workers”, non-inclusion of the Railwaymen in the category of “Frontline Workers”, removal of ceiling of maximum 30 days Special Casual Leave and restoration of Quarantine Leave for the Railway Staff, financial assistance (amounting to Rs.10 lakh) from Railway Minister’s Relief Fund to those unfortunate families of the Railwaymen who lost their breadwinners due to COVID-19 infection, exempting Indian Railways from Revised Guidelines of MoH&FW on 28.04.2021 – Compulsory report back to their duties after 10 days of quarantine without retting retested for the infection, reimbursement of COVID-19 Vaccination Charges, vaccination of the Railway Employees and their family members in the age group of 18-44 years, augmentation of treatment facilities in Railway Hospitals for COVID-19 Patients
The meeting was fruitful; and the response of the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer on our above-mentioned issues was very positive. He said that, some of the issues are already under examination and the rest would be processed.
This is for your information.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)