Implementation of Health Delivery System & Emergency Treatment in Railway Empanelled Private Hospitals Revised Instructions – RSCWS
RAILWAY SENIOR CITIZENS WELFARE SOCIETY
No. RSCWS/HO/CHD/ Memo/ 2022-2
Divisional Railway Manager,
Email: DRM Ambala <[email protected]>
Sub: Implementation of Health Delivery System & Emergency Treatment in Railway Empanelled Private Hospitals Revised Instructions.
Ref: Railway Board’s letter no: 2018/TransCell/Health/CGHS dated 16-6-2021.
Please refer to the above cited letter of Railway Board, non implementation of which is causing serious problems to the Railway Beneficiaries, especially the old aged pensioners in Ambala Division residing at Chandigarh, Panchkula & Mohali and the surrounding areas.
- a) Empanelled Hospitals should not ask the family members of the Patients, to go to the CMS Ambala to get the approval for Cashless Treatment in Emergency and extension thereof, as both of these are contrary to the orders of the Railway Board cited above, which directs that the permission must be sought & given through Email & Telephone within 24 hours and no body should be sent personally for the same.
b) Hospitals also do not follow up with the CMS telephonically as per above said orders of the Railway Board, to get the permission early.
- The permission is not being given by the CMS office within the prescribed period of 24 hours by Email or Telephone as directed by the Railway Board.
- The Approval or extension thereof, is given, by the CMS Ambala, for a limited period of 2 to 5 days even in cases where no period can be humanly assessed without personally examining the Patient and in cases where no time limit is prescribed by the Railway Board or under the CGHS packages.,
- For proper understanding of the condition of the patient, empanelled hospitals should be asked to send symptomatic diagnosis condition at the time of admission and the specific condition of emergency in the letter seeking the approval for Treatment in Emergency and the number of days required for the treatment thereof.
2. It is therefore, requested that the above cited problems may please be addressed and the following steps may please be taken for effective implementation of Board’s orders:
a) The instructions contained in the Board’s letter dated 16-6-2021s cited above, may please be issued to all the Doctors & Medical Officers of the Division and to the empanelled hospitals for following the same effectively. (Copies of the orders issued by the CMS, DMW, Patiala are being sent herewith for similar action by the Ambala Division).
b) Necessary clause in MOUs with the empanelled hospitals may be added as per orders of the Railway Board dated 16-6-2021.
c) The empanelled hospitals be advised to send prevailing symptomatic diagnostic Report, on the prescribed proforma, reflecting the specific Emergency Conditions prescribed by the Railway Board in the Annexure to the orders dated 16-6-2021 and the number of days required for the treatment thereof..
An early action will mitigate the trouble being countered by the Railway employees & the Pensioners.
Secretary General, RSCWS
32, Phase 6, Mohali -160055
Encl: Two : Copies of Board’s Orders & Orders of CMS DMW for similar action as requested above.
Copy for information & necessary action to :
i) Chief Medical Superintendent, Northern Railway Divisional Hospital, Ambala Cantt – 1330002
Source: Click here to view/download PDF