Verification of fields in PPOs/e-PPOs with e-scrolls i.e Category of Pension, Name of the Bank, Bank Account Number, Paying Branch – CPAO
भारत सरकार GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
वित्त मन्त्रालय, व्यय विभाग MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
केन्द्रीय पेंशन लेख कार्यालय
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
त्रिकट-॥ भीकाजी जी प्लेस TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
नई दिल्ली NEW DELHI-110066
CPAO/IT & Tech/Correspondence with PAOs/2022-23 /8535/111
Subject: Verification of fields in PPQs/e-PPOs with e-scroll
It has come to the notice of this office that Pay and Account Offices (PAOs) are not verifying the fields mentioned in Pension Revision Authority with the e-scrolls in the pension revision cases.
2. As per extant procedure, the pensioner/family pensioner has the option to change his pension disbursing bank. The PAO generally is not aware of the switchover in the bank of the pensioner. In many such cases, when PAO revises the pension case, he sends the revision case to the Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) with the information of the old bank of the pensioner/family pensioner. As a result of which, the revision authority is forwarded to the old bank by CPAO.
3. Further, on the demise of a pensioner, the Central Pension Processing Centre (CPPC) of the concerned Bank starts capturing the information of the family pensioner and the same starts getting reflected in the e-scrolls. However, no formal communication is sent to the PAO informing about the change of category of pension.
4. The errors on account of the above scenarios can be easily solved if the PAO verifies the fields in the Revision Authority with the e-scroll before forwarding the same to CPAO.
5. All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs are, therefore, requested to direct all the PAOs under their jurisdiction to verify the fields of Revision authorities with e-scrolls diligently, with emphasis on the following fields-
- Category of Pension
- Name of the Bank
- Bank Account Number
- Paying Branch
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
(Satish Kumar Garg)
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
- All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs (as per list) with request to issue direction to their PAOs accordingly.
- All Sr. AOs of A-I, A-II, A-III & AIS Section
Source: Click to view/download PDF