Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) for appointment to the post of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: 22nd July, 2022
- All Chief Postmasters General / Kil Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD & Parcel Directorate /PLI Directorate
- Director, RAKNPA / GM CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance), Directors Postal Accounts/DAP
Subject: – Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) for appointment to the post of Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant — regarding
Madam / Sir,
I am directed to refer to Directorate’s letter of No. 17-08/2018-SPN-I dated 09.09.2021 communicating therewith the parameters of Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) conducted as a part of the examination for recruitment to the posts of Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Postman and Mail Guard. It was stipulated that the parameters of DEST communicated vide said letter of 09.09.2021 shall be applicable for the examination conducted for 2021 vacancy year.
2. Subsequently, vide letter No. 17-08/2018-SPN-I dated 05.04.2022, Pattern and Syllabus of Examination conducted by the Department of Posts for appointment to the posts of Postman, Mail Guard and MTS were circulated. Accordingly, it is reiterated that parameters of DEST specified in the said letter of 05.04.2022 shall be applicable for selection as Postman and Mail Guard.
3. The Competent Authority has now decided that for the examination to be conducted, for appointment to the posts of Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, for the vacancy year 2022 (01.01.2022 to 31.12.2022), the parameters of DEST shall be as under:-
PAPER-III (15 Minutes)
|Maximum marks- 25
[Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)]
|Skill test of data entry for 15 minutes on computer.
[Data entry of 800 key depressions (+/- 5%)]
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for Paper-III viz. Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) (Subject to reservation policy of Government)||(a) For Gen — 60%
(b) For OBC/EWS — 60%
(c) For SC/ST — 50%
(d) For PWD (if not exempted for skill test) — 50%
(Satya Narayana Dash)
Source: Click to view/download PDF
I am G. D. S. To PA/SA silection our circle of odisha, Kalahandi.