Award of Scholarship to the meritorious wards of DoT employees for the Academic year 2021-22 – Eligibility criteria, Rates and Conditions
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Telecommunications
Sanchar Bhavan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001
Dated: 20 January, 2023
Subject: Award of Scholarship to the meritorious wards of DoT employees for the Academic year 2021-22
Applications are invited from the employees of DoT (only through respective administrative office/unit) for Scholarship to meritorious school/college going wards on the basis of marks secured in the annual examination for the Academic Year 2021-2022.
2. The field / circle offices located outside Delhi & NCR will undertake scrutiny of applications received from their respective employees to ensure that these are in conformity with eligibility conditions. Only after satisfying themselves regarding prima facie eligibility will these applications in original be forwarded to this office along with a summary list, with the approval of the head of the unit/office.
3. For ensuring uniformity in filling up, compilation and scrutiny of the data, the field / circle offices located outside Delhi & NCR will prepare the list of recommended names as per proforma at “Annexure-A”. A soft copy of the list is to be mailed to Email Id : [email protected] as an Excel Sheet in the format prescribed.
4. Each office/unit may forward eligible applications pertaining to its employees in a single lot by 31.03.2023. In the case of DoT HQ offices in Delhi too, each Division/W ing may send in one lot each for employees working in that Division/Wing. Individual application sent by employee(s) directly to this office shall not be accepted.
5. As decided by the Telecom Staff Welfare Board, any application/list received in the section after 31.03.2023 will not be considered and incomplete/incorrectly filled-in applications will be liable for rejection and onus is on employee & forwarding officer to ensure application is filled up properly with relevant enclosures and must reach General Section before the last date i.e. 31.03.2023 through respective administrative office/unit only.
Under Secretary (T)
Encl: As Above
Scholarship Rates & Conditions:
|Sl. No.||Name of Course||Rate of Scholarship||Basic pay limit|
|1.||Technical Degree Courses- B.E./B.Tech./ Professional MBBS & other Medical Courses in Govt. recognized Colleges/ Institutions||Rs. 1000/- per month||No limit|
|2.||Technical Diploma Courses in Engg./Arch. etc.||Rs. 700/- per month||-do-|
|3.||Non-Technical Courses- B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. etc.||Rs. 700/- per month||-do-|
|4.||All ITI Courses in ITI Institutes||Rs. 500/- per month||-do-|
The rate of Scholarship for each course and the basic pay limit up to which the employees can apply, are shown in the above statement.
Eligibility Criteria: –
Eligibility conditions for award of scholarship are given below:
- The student must have secured a minimum of 70% marks in the annual examination in the class from which admission to the above course was obtained. Students studying in the first year of the courses may submit their applications for award of Scholarship in Proforma-I.
- For renewal of Scholarship the ward must secure minimum 65% of marks in the previous year annual examination. If a ward fails in any subject/paper, the scholarship may be renewed provided that he/she secures an aggregate of 65% marks in all the subjects including the subject in which the ward has not got the qualifying marks. For renewal of scholarship to the second or subsequent year of the course, the application may be submitted in Proforma-II.
- A relaxation of 10% in the minimum marks is admissible to students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and girl students against prescribed percentage for initial grant as well as for renewal. Both the relaxation cannot be combined.
- An employee can apply for scholarship for first two dependant children including twins and should be an employee of DoT in the respective academic year. This may be duly verified/endorsed by the applicant through their respective administration. (As per proforma enclosed)
- No Scholarship is admissible for the last year of the programme / course. Scholarship for 2nd last year of the programme / course is payable for 10 months only. The student will have to take admission in the graduation course to take the benefit for his class 12th performance. Pass out graduates and students of post-graduation courses are not eligible for the scheme.
- It is mandatory for applicants to furnish their Bank Details (Mandate Form enclosed) for making payments through ECS.
Please submit separate applications for each ward.
Forms are available at http://dot.gov.in/circulars/general-section-dot. For any clarification, kindly contact Section Officer, Welfare/G-II Section, (Tele. No. 011-23036464/6897).