Half day walkout protest by Associations on 2nd February 2023 – CGA order dated 25.01.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E Block, GPO Complex, INA
Dated: 25, Jan, 2023
Sub:- Regarding proposed protest by Associations : Half day walkout on 2nd February 2023 (second half).
AICAE Association and AICAE CAT-II Association has intimated that the members of their Association will resort to half day walkout on 02.02.2023 (Second half).
2. Attention is invited to the provisions of Government of India (Ministry of Home Affairs) OM No. 25/23/66-Estt(A) dated 09.12.1966 (reproduced as G.I. decision No. 2 below Rule 7 of CCS (Conduct) Rules, which inter-alia provides that under Rule 7 (ii) of rules ibid, a Government ‘servant shall NOT resort to or in any way abet any form of strike in connection with any matter pertaining to his service or the service of any other Government employees. If any Government servant resorts to any action in violation of Rule 7 (i) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, disciplinary action would have to be taken against him.
3. Attention is also invited to proviso to FR 17(I) according to which any employee(s) who is absent from duty without permission shall not be entitled to any pay and allowances during the period of absence. Further, unauthorized absence shall be deemed to cause an interruption or break in service of the employee under FR 17(A).
4. The above instructions may be brought to the notice of staff working under your control. All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAsS are requested to deal with the cases in respect of employees, who resort to action as above, in the light of above referred instructions.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(C K Salvan)
Sr. Accounts Officer
- All Pr. CCAs/CCAS/CAs.
- ACGA (Admn.), O/o CGA for taking appropriate action.
- IT Division to upload the aforesaid O.M. on the official website of the CGA.