Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the year 2023 and 2024 – Functions of Area Welfare Officer (AWO)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
34 Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi.
Dated the 21st December, 2022
Subject: Nomination of Area Welfare Officers for the calendar years 2023 and 2024 for Delhi/Delhi NCR and outside Delhi.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the above subject and to say that the officers, whose particulars are indicated in the enclosed list, have been nominated as Area Welfare Officers (AWOs), for the calendar years 2023 and 2024 for the areas in Delhi/New Delhi and outside Delhi, as indicated against their names.
2. It is further stated that tenure of the Area Welfare Officers mentioned in the list shall be up to 31.12.2024 or till his/her services are required by the Government or the officer resigns or retires from service, whichever is the earliest. The AWOs shall be entitled to avail the facilities as decided by the Government from time to time. A list of their functions is also enclosed, alongwith the list of AWOs.
Encl.: as above.
Under Secretary (RWA)
FUNCTIONS OF AREA WELFARE OFFICER
1. To function as coordinating officer between the CGHS Dispensary and its beneficiaries regarding complaints from either side.
2. To attend to all emergency hospital work like help in expeditious hospitalisation of serious cases, attending to complaints regarding hospital care, etc.
3. To serve on the CGHS Area Advisory Committee for considering suggestions for the improvement of services and facilities.
4. To act as liaison officer for Community Hall and look to its proper functioning and improvement.
5. To act as liaison officer between the Ministry of Personnel, PG and Pensions and the local Associations in all matters and disputes and to mediate in election disputes at the request of the parties.
6. To investigate all cases of neighbourly disputes referred to him by the Deptt. of Personnel and furnish report on the basis of which action can be taken by the Directorate of Estates for shifting the erring party to another locality.
7. To act as liaison officer between the Associations and Municipal authorities in all complaints regarding civic services, water electricity, street lighting, drainage, bus Service, Sanitary service and vaccination and inoculation services.
8. To act as liaison officer with local police authorities regarding any incident in the locality involving law and order.
9. To act as liaison officer with the Education Directorate regarding complaints about school timing, admission etc.
10. To act as liaison officer between the Co-operative consumer store and the beneficiaries in the area.
11. To act as liaison officer between CPWD authorities and the allottees regarding complaints lodged with the CPWD enquiry office for their speedy disposal.
12. To keep in touch with all the social and cultural bodies in the area.
13. To act as liaison officer with al] activities of Grih Kalyan Kendra in the area including ‘Creche’.
14. To act as liaison officer between the colony and the Central Secretariat Sports Control Board in all activities of the Board.
15. To mediate in family dispute to bring about harmony in the home life in the context of Home Ministry circular for maintaining the wife in a reasonable comfort and matter relating to notation of monograncy.
16. To assist and cooperate in Campaigns and measures such as vaccination in Oculation blood donation family planning etc., launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Planning.
Note: The above list is only illustrative and not exhaustive.