Implementation of Category S (Extraordinary Pension) and Category T (Extraordinary Family Pension) for OPS cases – CPAO O.M dated 18.05.2023
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT&T tech/e-6462/OPS Category/105/2023-24
Subject: Implementation of Category S and Category T for OPS cases.
All the Authorised Banks are informed that following categories have been created under CCS Pension Rules-
- Category S – Extraordinary Pension
- Category T – Extraordinary Family Pension
2. These categories will be used for Extraordinary Pension cases and Extraordinary Family pension cases respectively for the cases processed under the Old Pension Scheme. This office has made necessary changes in e-scroll Format ‘A’ to include these categorie.
3. In view of the above, Heads of CPPCs/GBDs of all Authorized banks are requested to update the changes in Format ‘A’ for future references. You are directed to upgrade/update the software/ system in order to consume new formats of SSAs/e-SSAs for Category S and Category T and ensure reporting of e-scroll in the modified format ‘A’. The cut- off date for implementation of these categories is 01.06.2023.
4. In case of any technical advice, Sh. Dhiraj Kumar [Scientific Officer- SB, CPAO) at dhiraj.kumar8g@)nic.in may be contacted.
This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions).
(Satish Kumar Garg)
(Sr. AO- IT & Technical)
- Heads of CI’PCs of the Authorised Banks
- Heads of GBDs of all Authorised Banks
- NIC, CPAO