Validity of CGHS Card in all CGHS Centres – CGHS O.M. dated 01.05.2023 for compliance
F No Z 15025/1/2023/DIR/CGHS
Govt. of India
Min. of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
RK Puram Sector-13, New Delhi.
Dated the 1st May, 2023
Subject: Validity of CGHS Card in all CGHS Centres
The undersigned is directed to draw attention to the Order No Misc 6024/2007/CGHS(HQ)/CGHS(P) dated the 17th December 2012 and to reiterate that CGHS Card is valid at any CGHS Wellness Centre in the Country for availing CGHS benefits as per the details given under:
i) CGHS Card is valid in any Wellness Centre in India and no additional document / attachment is required.
ii) Medicines shall be issued for upto to ‘3’ months, in case of beneficiaries undergoing treatment for chronic illnesses.
iii) Referral/endorsement for treatment from private HCOs empanelled under CGHS shall be issued from any CGHS Wellness centre.
Additional Directors, CGHS are advised to ensure that these guidelines are complied with by CMOs in Charge and other staff of CGHS Wellness Centres.
The contents of this order are to be brought to the notice of Members of the Local Advisory Committees/Zonal Advisory Committee.
(Dr. Manoj Jain)
- Addl. Director. CGHS(HQ) / Addl.DDG(HQ)/Addl. Directors of CGHS Cities/ Zones
- All CGHS Wellness Centres through Additional Directors. CGHS
- All Ministries / Departments, Government of India
- Rajya Sabha / Lok Sabha Secretariat
- Registrar, Supreme Court of India /Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
- Under Secretary, U.P.S.C.
- Under Secretary Finance Division
- Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training. Sth Floor Saradar Patel Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi
- Secretary, Staff Side, 13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi