International Women’s Day on 8th March – DAD seeks report by 11th March 2022
“हर काम देश के नाम”
रक्षा लेखा विभाग (र.ले.वि.) मुख्यालय
उलान बटार रोड, पालम, दिल्ली छावनी-110010
DEFENCE ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT (DAD) HEADQUARTERS
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt.- 110010
No. Estt. Coord/3012/Circular/ Vol. IX
All PCDAs/ PCA (Fys.)/ PIFAs,
CDAs/ IFAs/ RTCs.
(through CGDA website).
Subject: International Women’s Day.
Please find enclosed a copy of DO letter No. WD/IC-11/1/2022-WD/IC-
Part(1)(e-98780) dated 25.02.2022 on the subject matter for information and necessary action.
2. It is accordingly requested to organize events/ programs in the run up to International Women’s Day and to furnish a report on the initiatives and activities undertaken for the celebration of International Women’s Day latest by 11 March 2022 for consolidation and onward submission to the Ministry.
Sr. Dy. CGDA (Estt.)
- Estt. Pay & Allowance Section, Local – For information and necessary action as above.
- IT&S Wing, (Local) – With a request to upload on CGDA’s website.
- Shri Indevar Pandey, IAS, – For information please.
Ministry of Women & Child
Development, Gol, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New
Accounts Officer (Coordination- Estt.)
इन्दीवर पान्डेय, आई.ए.एस.
INDEVAR PANDEY, I.A.S
महिला एवं बाल विकास मंत्रालय
शास्त्री मवन, नई दिल्ली-110 001
Government of India
Ministry of Women & Child Development
25th February, 2022
D.O. No. WD/IC-11/1/2022-WD/IC-Part(1) (e-98780)
Every year, 8th March is globally observed as the International Women’s Day (IWD) for celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. This day provides us as an opportunity to reflect and amplify on various issues that come in the way of women’s empowerment and hinder realisation of gender equality.
2. This year, National Implementation Committee, chaired by Hon’ble Home Minister, has inter-alia approved the event “Women’s Day” on 8th March, 2022 to be celebrated by Ministry of Women and Child Development as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM).
3. In this context, it is requested that in the run upto the forthcoming International Women’s Day, on 8th March, 2022 as well as on International Women’s Day itself, focused, clear and well pronounced initiatives, programs and events may be organized so as to showcase and highlight women’s achievements, initiatives undertaken for eliminating gender based discrimination and violence for bringing about a perceptible change and positive shift towards greater empowerment of women in all domains. In addition, discussions-cum-workshops may be organised on women issues during the week in the run up to the International Women’s Day. Outstanding women who are contributing in your relevant domain for socio-economic development of women in measurable terms may be felicitated.
4. I shall be grateful, if you could kindly direct all concerned officers in your Ministry/Department and the associated organisations to organize engaging events/ programs at the field levels in the run up to IWD and on the 8th March, 2022 to promote and celebrate women empowerment in all its dimensions. Further, the schedule of the planned events/programmes/ activities may be shared with this Ministry at email id: [email protected] by 02.03.2022, and a report on the initiatives and activities undertaken may be shared at by 15.03.2022.
Secretaries to Government of India
Source: Click here to view/download PDF