Central Civil Services (Payment of Gratuity under National Pension System) Rules 2021 – Deptt. of Post
File No. 4-1 (1) / 2022 – Pen
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi -110001
All Heads of Postal Circles
Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
All Regional Postmasters General
Director, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National Postal Academy, Ghaziabad
All Directors/Dy. Directors of Accounts (Postal)
Subject: Central Civil Services (Payment of Gratuity under National Pension System) Rules, 2021.
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of Gazette Notification No. GSR 658 (E) dated 23.09.2021 published by Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions on the subject cited above for information and necessary compliance.
Asstt. Director General (Pen)
Encls.: As above (87 Pages)
Copy along with enclosures to:-
- PPS to Secretary(Posts)/DG(Posts)
- PPS to Member (Banking & DBT) / Plg. & HRD/Tech./Pers./Ops./PLI/Addl. DG(Cord.)
- AS & FA/ Sr. DDG(PAF)
- Secretary(PSB)/All DDsG
- All Regional Postmasters General/GM(F YDA(P)/DDA(P)
- All Postal Training Centres
- Director, CEPT Mysore-for uploading on the official website of the Deptt. of Posts
- Guard File
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare)
New Delhi, the 23rd September, 2021
G.S.R. 658(E). — In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 and clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India in relation to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the President hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Payment of Gratuity under National Pension System) Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Application.- Save as otherwise provided in these rules, these rules shall apply to the Government servants including civilian Government servants in the Defence Services, appointed substantively to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union on or after the 1st day of January 2004, and to whom the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021 apply :
Provided that in the case of a Government servant who dies during service or is boarded out on account of disablement or retires on invalidation and who had exercised option under rule 10 of the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021 for availing benefits under the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 or the Central Civil Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939, payment of gratuity shall be made in accordance with the said rules.
3. Definitions. – In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(1)(a) ‘Accounts Officer’ means an officer, whatever his official designation, of a Ministry or Department functioning under the scheme of departmentalisation of accounts, who, inter-alia is responsible for receipts, payments, Internal Audit and accounting functions of an office or Department or Ministry of the Central Government or Union territory and includes officers subordinate to the Accountant General who is entrusted with the function of maintaining the accounts or part of accounts of the Central Government or Union territory;
(b) ‘allottee’ means a Government servant to whom Government accommodation has been allotted on payment of license fee or otherwise ;
(c) ‘average emoluments’ means average emoluments as determined in accordance with rule 7;
(d) ‘Emoluments’ means emoluments referred to in rule 6;
(e) ‘Form’ means a Form appended to these rules ;
(f) ‘Government’ means the Central Government ;
(g) ‘Government dues’ means dues referred to in sub-rule (3) of rule 45;
(h) ‘gratuity’ includes retirement gratuity and death gratuity payable under these rules;
(i) ‘Minor’ means a person who has not completed the age of eighteen years;
(j) ‘Qualifying service’ means the service rendered while on duty or otherwise which shall be taken into account for the purpose of payment of gratuity admissible under these rules;
(k) ‘Service Book’ includes service roll, if any.
(2) Words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the Fundamental Rules, 1922 or the Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, 2021 shall have the meanings as respectively assigned to them in those rules.