Proposal for Operationalizing the field formations on Saturdays for taxpayer engagement — Income Tax O.M.
भारत सरकार GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
प्रधान कार्यालय आयुक्त Pr.Chief Commissioner of Income Tax,
10 वीं मंजिल, सी ब्लॉक, आयकर शिखर 10th Floor, C Block, Income tax Towers,
10-2-3 ए.सी.गार्ड्स, हैदराबाद – 500 004 AC Guards, Hyderabad – 500004.
F No. Pr.CCIT/ Estt/Circular/2020-21
Sub: Income Tax Department — Establishment Section — Proposal for operationalizing the field formations on Saturdays for taxpayer engagement — Orders — issue of Reg.
Ref: Directorate of Income Tax (TPS – I) letter in F.No.ADG(TPS-1)/202 1-22/1.169 dated 08.03.2022
Honourable Finance Minister directed the CBDT to reserve Saturdays for engaging with assesses directly in person or through phone and email, so as to give necessary clarifications to the assessee, with respect to Tax administration and procedural aspects
2. Directorate of Income Tax (TPS – 1) vide letter in reference has directed that the offices upto the level of Pr.CIT’s be kept open on Saturday’s till 315 March 2022 for engagement with assesses. through field level outreach programs and taxpayer awareness campaigns.
3. In view of the above, it is directed that all the offices upto the level of Pr.CIT’s be kept open on Saturdays till 31st March 2022 for conducting field level outreach programs and taxpayer awareness campaigns and the communication channels such as e-mail and telephone lines need to be continually open and responsive to queries as well as policy suggestions from the assesses.
4. Also any policy related suggestions and changes received from the tax payers may be duly forwarded to this office for onward submission to the Ministry for connsideration.
5. This OM come into existence with effect from 09.03.2022
6. This issued with the prior approval of Pr.CCIT, AP&TS, Hyderabad.
(C V PAVANA KUMAR)
Commissioner of Income Tax(HQrs)(Admn&TPS),
- All the Pr.CsIT/CsIT Charges under the administrative control of Pr.CCIT, AP& TS, Hyderabad and CCIT, Hyderabad.
- The Pr.CsIT (ReAC) Charges of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana Region
- The Commissioner of Income Tax(Exemptions), Hyderabad
- The Director General of Income Tax(Inv), Hyderabad
- The Chief Commissioner of Income Tax (ReAC), Vijayawada / Visakhapatnam
- All Sections of Pr.CCIT, AP&TS, Hyderabad
- The ZAO, Hyderabad / Visakhapatnam 2 ON
(P KRISHNA KUMAR)
Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax(HQrs)(Admn.)
O/o Pr. CCIT, AP&TS, Hyderabad
Source : Click here to view/download PDF