DoP : Guidelines for transfer to regulate transfers of Group ‘C’ officials, Group ‘B’ (non-gazetted) and Assistant Superintendent of Posts (Group ‘B’ Gazetted)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi — 110 001
Dated: November 17, 2021
All Chief Postmaster General
Subject: Guidelines for transfer to regulate transfers of Group ‘C’ officials, Group ‘B’ (non-gazetted) officials and Assistant Superintendent of Posts (Group ‘B’ Gazetted).
Madam / Sir,
Reference is invited to Directorate letter no. 141-141/2013-SPB-II dated 17.01.2019 on the above mentioned subject wherein revised ‘Guidelines for Transfer’ was issued. Provisions related to transfer under Rule-38 of Postal Manual Volume IV and Rotational transfer have been reviewed and the competent authority has approved the following:-
- Only such officials who have completed one year of service shall be eligible for transfer under Rule-38,
Provided that the condition of one year shall not be applicable for employees appointed on compassionate ground, Persons with Disabilities and official or dependent family members with terminal illness.
[Para 3(A)(x) of the guidelines referred to above stands modified accordingly]
- Transfer of officials shall not be denied solely on the ground of shortage of staff where working strength of the cadre in the concerned unit is 66.66% of sanctioned strength or more.
[Para 3(C)(x) of the guidelines referred to above stands modified accordingly]
- Under Rule 38, an official will be eligible for two Inter-Circle transfer and two Inter-Circle transfer during entire service. However, a gap of 3 years shall be mandatory for availing same category of transfer for the second time, but no such gap will be required in case of applying for different category of transfer.
Explanation: An official after availing Inter-Circle transfer shall not be eligible to apply for Inter-Circle transfer before three years of gap. However, he/she may apply for Intra-Circle transfer immediately after availing Inter-Circle transfer.
[Para 3(A)(xi) of the guidelines referred to above stands modified accordingly]
- Postal Assistants appointed in GPO or Independent Class-1 Head Post Offices shall be transferred on rotational transfer in phased manner with Postal Assistants of Postal Division where GPO/Class-I HO is geographically located. Transfer and placement committee for rotational transfer in such cases shall include head of both the units concerned.
Note: One-third of Postal Assistants of GPO / Class-I HO shall be rotated with PA of Division geographically located with GPO / Class-I HO. It shall also be ensured that equal number of PAs transferred out of GPO/Class-I HO is posted in GPO/Class-I HO, so that rotational transfer does not adversely impact working strength of GPO/Class-I HO or Head Post Office. This exercise shall be repeated during rotational transfer every year so that entire workforce of GPO/Class-I HO is rotated at an interval of every three years.
2. Relevant provisions of ‘Guidelines for Transfer’ issued vide letter dated 17.01.2019 cited above are modified to the extent mentioned above.
3. These shall come into force with immediate effect.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
a) Sr. PPS/PSO to Secretary (Posts) / Director General Postal Services
b) PPS/PS to Members Postal Services Board
c) Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor
d) Sr. DDG(Vig) & CVO / Sr. DDG(PAF), Department of Posts
e) All recognized service Association / Federation in Department of Posts
f) Portal Upload, CEPT with request to upload this letter on India Post website
g) Guard file / Office copy