CPAO O.M. on submission of Life Certificate: Pensioners can now submit Life Certificate till 31st December’ 2020
भारत सरकार/GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
वित्त मन्त्रालय / MINISTRY OF FINANCE
व्यय विभाग /DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
केन्द्रीय पेंशन लेख कार्यालय / CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
त्रिकूट-।। भीकाजी कामा प्लेस / TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
नई दिल्ली-110066/ NEW DELHI-110066
CPAO/IT&Tech/Life Certificate/2 (Vol-V)/2020-21 /41
Sub: – Extension of period for submission of Life Certificate from October 2020 till December 2020.
Your kind attention towards the guidelines mentioned in the Para 15.1 of the “Scheme for Payment of Pension to Central Government Civil Pensioners by Authorized Banks”, wherein it is mentioned that the Life Certificate is to be submitted by the pensioners once a year in the month of November.
2. The pensioners above the age of 80 years have been allowed to submit the life certificate from 1st October onwards every year instead of 1st November vide Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare OM No. 1/20/2018-P&PW(E) dated 18.07.2019 (copy enclosed).
3. In view of the current COVID-19 pandemic and keeping in view of the vulnerability of elderly population to the Corona virus, and the OM No.18/1/2020-P&PW (C)-6681 dated-11.09.2020 (copy enclosed) issued by Deptt. of Pensions & Pensioners Welfare, the provision laid down in the para 15.1 of the “Scheme for Payment of Pension to Central Government Civil Pensioners by Authorized Banks”, for submission of life certificate has been relaxed.
4. Now, the pensioners may submit their Life Certificate from 01st November, 2020 till 31st December, 2020 and the pensioners in the age group of 80 years and above may submit their Life Certificate from 1st October 2020 to 31st December, 2020. During this extended period the pension will be continued to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authority (PDA) uninterrupted.
5. All the Heads of CPPCs are requested to accept the requisite certificates from pensioner’s from 1st November, 2020 to 31st December, 2020 and for pensioners of 80 years and above from 1st October 2020 to 31st December, 2020 and ensure that the pension will continue to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authority (PDA) during this extended period.
This issues with the approval of Additional Controller General of Accounts (A&FR).
Encl: – As above
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
1) Heads of CPPCs of All Authorized Banks (as per list)
2) Heads of Government Business Divisions of All Authorized Banks (as per list)