Processing of ECHS application in case of Marital Discord/ Family Dispute and parents of soldiers after death in harness – Procedure for
Tele No : 011-25674762/64
Toll Free : 1800116644
Directorate of Indian Army Veterans
Adjutant General’s Branch
IHQ of MoD (Army)
104 Cavalry Road, Maude Lines
Delhi Cantt – 110010
26 Oct 2020
PROCEDURE FOR PROCESSING OF ECHS APPLICATION IN CASE OF MARITAL DISCORD/FAMILY DISPUTE AND PARENTS OF SOLDIERS AFTER DEATH IN HARNESS
1. Please refer to the Central Org ECHS letter No B/49701-PR/AG/echs/2018 dt 26 Sep 2018.
2. There is an ambiguity on processing of ECHS applications for the marital discord/family dispute cases. The procedure for processing of such ECHS applications has been laid down in Para 5 of the letter under reference. However, all such cases are being referred to this Directorate without taking any preliminary actions at the Stn level from where the petitioner has submitted the application. The responsibility of conducting the verification and obtaining of all necessary documents is of the respective Col Veterans / ESM Cells of the stn HQ.
3. It is therefore clarified that, henceforth following actions will be taken by the Col Veterans / ESM Cells at Stn HQ :-
- (a) Receive the petition from the eligible beneficiary.
- (b) Obtain the necessary documents of Identity proof as stated in Para 5 (b) of the policy issued by Central Org ECHS.
- (c) Approach the primary beneficiary to give him / her an opportunity to apply cards for the petitioner within 30 days.
- (d) Simultaneously a letter be written to the concerned record office / MP 5/MPRS(O) to obtain the PPO and the family details of the ESM.
- (e) In case the primary beneficiary agrees to provide the ECHS card petitioner be informed accordingly.
- (f) In case primary beneficiary refuses to apply or no reply is received within 30 days, a comprehensive case alongwith the PPO and verification of details, recd from the Records, be fwd to DIAV.
- (g) DIAV will fwd the case to Central Org ECHS, who will grant the sanction to the petitioner to apply on line.
4. The above procedure will be enforced with immediate effect.
Col DIAV (Pension & Entitlement)
for Brig DIAV
Encls :- (AS above)
Copy to :-
Central Org ECHS – For info.
Source: Click here to view/download PDF