SPARROW : Auto-forwarding of PARs from the assessment year 2020-21 – DoPT O.M. dated 25th March, 2021
No. 3/4/2019 – EO(PR)
Government of India
M/o Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
D/o Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 25th March, 2021
Sub: Auto-forwarding of PARs from the assessment year 2020-21 -reg.
The undersigned is directed to the Gazette Notification No. G.S.R No. 519 (E) dated 23.07.2019 already communicated vide DoPT letter no. 11059/01/2016 – AIS-111 dated 27.09.2019 vide which AIS(PAR) Amendment Rules, 2019 were notified. It may kindly be recalled that electronic recording of PAR was made mandatory from the year 2014-15 and later the provision for same was made in the AIS(PAR) Amendment Rules, 2017.
2. Though the outer limit for recording of PAR i.e. 31st December of the assessment year in which the assessment year ends, was being followed sacrosanctly, the timelines laid down in General Guidelines for recording of PARs by the Reporting, Reviewing and Accepting authorities were still not being adhered to. In order to give effect to the time-bound recording of PARs, provision for auto-forwarding of PARs from one stage to the next stage after the specified due date has been introduced from the assessment year 2019-20 in SPARROW. Under the newly provided schedule for completion of PAR in respect of all levels of IAS officers, PARs will automatically move forward from the account of ORU to the Reporting authority and thereafter to the next authority on the specified due date even if the PAR is not recorded by the concerned authority.
3. It may be pertinent to mention that due to COVID-19 pandemic, auto-forwarding provision in respect of PARs for the assessment year 2019-20 was not implemented, as a one time measure only. However, from the year 2020-21, PARs will automatically move from one level to the other after the due date, in SPARROW.
4. In view of the above, it is requested to kindly bring to the notice of all the concerned regarding auto-forwarding of PARs from this assessment year i.e. 2020-21 onwards.
To all the Secretaries of the Ministries/Department (As per Standard List)
- The President’s Secretariat, New Delhi. (ii) The Prime Minister’s Office, New Delhi.
- The Cabinet Secretariat, New Delhi
- The Rajya Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
- The Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi.
- NITI Aayog, New Delhi.
- Election Commission, New Delhi.
- UPSC, New Delhi.
- Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
- O/o Comptroller & Auditor General, New Delhi.
- JS(Admn.), DoPT, North Block, New Delhi.
- NIC, DoPT for uploading the letter in the Department’s website.
Source: Click here to view/download PDF