Revised Postal Manual Volume VI part III ( Provisional) – Department of Posts letter dated 18.05.2021
No. 30-13/2019-WS ( Pt.)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
DakBhawan, Sansad Marg
Dated: 18th May,2021
All CPMsG/All PMsG
CGM, BD Dte/ Parcel Dte./PLI Dte/ CEPT
Director RAKNPA/ All PTCs
Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
All GMs (Finance)/ DAPs
Subject: Issuance of revised Postal Manual Volume VI part III ( Provisional).
The competent authority is pleased to issue the revised Postal Manual Volume VI part III (provisional) till the final implementation of IT Modernization project. ( copy enclosed).
2. Consequent upon implementation of IT Mordernization project, which has brought technological advancement in the working of the post offices, the need for bringing out a comprehensive revised Postal Manual Volume VI part III (provisional) to serve as a guide forPostal Sub accounts work has been keenly felt.
3. The revised Postal Manual Volume VI Part III ( provisional)) contains the detailedprinciples and instructions, mainly of a procedural nature, regarding upkeep andsubmission of sub accounts and checks to be exercised on various transactions of the Department of Posts and provides the guidelines in carrying out day to day functions by the concerned officers/ officials. It contains rulings in respect of Sub-Accounts, Accounts in Post Offices, Duties of Postmen and Letterbox Attendants etc
4. The inputs of some field units were also sought in finalizing the Manual from the perspective of the working units in the field. Many of the recommendation/ suggestions have been incorporated to make it more comprehensive & robust.
5. The revised edition of Postal Manual Volume VI part III(provisional) has been
brought out making every endeavour to get the rules updated in accordance with the technological updation. However,any error, omission come to noticed should be promptly reported to the PO Division.
6. These rules must be brought to the notice of all officers & officials of the Department of Posts.
7. This issues with the approval as well as concurrence of the competent authorities.
encl- Postal Manual volume VI part III(provisional)
Assistant Director General (PO)
Phone: 011 23096005
e-Mail: [email protected] mail.com
- PSO to Secretary (Posts)
- Sr.PPS to Director General Postal Services
- PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/
Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (P)/
Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)
- Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Director General, P&T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- CGM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Librarian, DakBhawan
- All Secretaries of recognized unions.
- Spare copies.