Curtailing avoidable expenditure: 20% reduction in controllable expenditure – FinMin OM No.7(1)E.Coord/2020 dated 10.06.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 10th June , 2021
Subject: Curtailing avoidable expenditure: 20% reduction in controllable expenditure.
The Government has decided all Ministries/Departments should take steps to curb wasteful/ avoidable expenditure and aim for 20% reduction in controllable expenditure. The Department of Expenditure has been directed to review the progress in the matter
2. Therefore, all the Ministries/Departments are requested to take steps to curtail all avoidable non-scheme expenditure and aim for 20% reduction in controllable expenditure, in compliance of the above decision. Expenditure in 2019-20 may be taken as the baseline for this purpose. A suggestive list of object heads of controllable expenditure is attached.
3. Expenditure related to containment of the Covid-19 pandemic is excluded from the scope of this order.
4. This issues with the approval of Finance Secretary.
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
1. Secretaries to the Government of India
2. All Financial Advisers of Ministries/Departments
Encl: Suggestive List of Object Heads.
A Suggestive List of Object Heads and their Codes under which expenditure Shall be controlled
|11||Domestic Travel Expenses|
|12||Foreign Travel Expenses|
|14||Rents, Rates and Taxes|
|20||Other Administrative Expenses|
|21||Supplies and Materials|
|23||Cost of Ration|
|25||Clothing and Tentage|
|26||Advertising and Publicity|
|27||Minor Works, Maintenance|
|30||Service or Commitment Charges|
Click here to view/download the PDF