All Central government Administrative Offices shall remain closed on account of Muharram on 20th August, 2021 – DoPT O.M No. 12/13/2016-JCA-2 dated 11th August, 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA-2 Section)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Dated the 11th August, 2021
Subject: Change in the date of Holiday on account of Muharram.
The undersigned is directed to say that holiday on account of Muharram was notified for 19th August, 2021 vide this Department’s O.M. No. 12/9/2020-JCA2, dated 10th June, 2020, subject to change in date, depending on sighting of the Moon. Now the Ruiyat Hilal (Moon Sighting) Committee, headed by Shahi Imam, Jama Masjid, Delhi, has announced that, in Delhi, Muharram would be observed on 20.08.2021 (Friday).
2. Accordingly, in Delhi/New Delhi, the Holiday on account of Muharram will be observed on Friday, the 20th August, 2021 and all Central government Administrative Offices, located in Delhi / New Delhi, shall remain closed on account of Muharram on 20th August, 2021.
3. For Offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Central Government Employees Coordination Committee or Head of Offices (where such Committees are not functioning) can decide the date, depending upon the decision of the concerned State Government.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
- All Ministries / Departments of the Government of India.
- UPSC / CVC /C&AG / National Commission for Linguistic Minorities / National Commission for Scheduled Castes/National Commission for Scheduled / Tribes /National Commission for Minorities /President’s Secretariat / Vice President’s Secretariat /Supreme Court / High Court / Central Administrative Tribunal / Central Information Commission/ Prime Minister’s Office / Cabinet Secretariat / Election Commission of India / National Human Rights Commission / National Commission for Women / National Commission for Backward Classes / Niti Ayog / Lok Sabha Secretariat / Rajya Sabha Secretariat
- All attached Offices and Subordinate Offices of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions/ MHA
- Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi
- All Staff Side Members of the National Council (JCM)
- Chairman / Secretaries, Central Government Employee Welfare Coordination Committees
- All Staff Side Members of the Departmental Council (JCM), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
- Chief Secretary, all the State Governments.
- Deputy Secretary (Coordination), Delhi Govt, Secretariat, I1.G. Stadium, I.T.O., New Delhi.
- NIC (DOPT) with the request to place this O.M. on the Website of DOPT.(www.persmin.nic.in)
Source: Click here to view/download PDF