Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana (RKVY) – Broad Guidelines for implementations
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
New Delhi, Dated 29.07.2021
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways/PUs
[Kind attention : PCPOs)
Sub: Skill Development of youths under “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana” (PMKVY) — Introduction of “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana” (RKVY).
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is conducting the Skill India Mission under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The Scheme is designed to address aspirations of the youth and aptitude of candidates vis-a-vis the industry requirements.
2. Ministry of Railways undertakes many activities with special emphasis on career progression for youth. Railways provide training to a large number of act apprentices under the Act Apprentice Act 1961. Railways also provide Scholarship for higher technical/professional education for wards of. staff, organize women empowerment activities, organizes developing occupational skills of physically/mentally challenged employees and their wards.
3. To further empower youth by providing them entry level skill training in Railway ‘raining Institutes, “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana” (RKVY) is being launched on the Indian Railways. Under RKVY each Zonal Railways will impart training to 2,500 aspirants and Production Units will impart training to 1,000 aspirants during next three years i.e. 2021-22, 2022-23 & 2023-24. BLW/ Varanasi shall be the Nodal PU for co-ordinating/organizing the skill development program under RKVY.
4. Broad guidelines on the RKVY Scheme are attached as Annexure.
5. Compliance of the aforesaid instructions may be ensured and a Quarterly Report on progress with respect to the number of candidates trained may be provided to the Board by BLW/ Varanasi. “
(Deepak Peter Gabriel)
Principal Executive Director (IR)
BROAD GUIDELINES FOR IMPLEMENTING OF “RAIL KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA” (RKVY)
The Scheme shall be named as “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana” (RKVY).
A. Training Programme :
- Under the “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana”, entry level training shall be provided in the Specialized /Workshops/Basic Training Centers on Zonal Railways & PUs with 100 hrs. training module/curriculum formulated by Banaras Locomotive Works (BLW). The curriculum will be uniformly followed in all the Training Centers. Each Zonal railway will impart training to 2,500 aspirants and Production Units will impart training to 1,000 aspirants during next three years Le. 2021-22, 2022-23 & 2023-24. This training program will not include the training provided under the Apprentice Act 1961.
- BLW shall be the Nodal PU for co-ordinating/organizing the skill development program under RKVY. BLW may 1f need be create a Special Cell which will look into the various aspects for conducting this skill development program under RKVY including curriculum, assessment and maintenance of centralized data. All the Training Institutes where training is being undertaken will provide data to BLW on the website/other platform developed by BLW for the said purpose.
- BLW will develop an on-line application form and a transparent system of prioritizing application form in case of receipt of more applications than the slots available. BLW will also devise a two year training calendar in consultation with head of the workshops/training institutes so that the same is not in conflict with regular training program for Railway employees.
B. Training Centres :
There are Specialized/Workshops/ Basic Training Centers on Zonal Railways & PUs. Skill development Training Program under RKVY will be provided at these training centres.
C. Identification of Trades :
Training shall be imparted in four trades Le. Electrician, Welder, Machinist and Fitter. Zonal Railways may have the freedom to add more courses depending upon the field utilization of the training institutes.
D. Batch Size:
Trainees need to be provided with various aspects of theoretical and practical training. In each trade 30 trainees to be accommodated per batch. The duration of training will be of approx 100 Hrs.
E. Examination and Certification :
To evaluate performance of the trainees standardized system of assessment will be followed including theoretical as well as practical examination. BLW shall formulate the standardized system of assessment. Successful candidates will be awarded certificate for undergoing skill development training in the allotted trade by Railways/ National Rail & Transportation Institute.
F. Notification/Induction of Candidates for training :
- The standardized advertisement/notification for training under “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana” shall be prepared by BLW and will be issued by BLW / concerned Training Centre on the website of the Institute along with the online proforma for application. Notification should clearly indicate terms and conditions of the training.
- There will be a gap of 28 days between date of release of advertisement/notification and commencement of training – 14 days to receive response/applications and 14 days for scrutiny of certificate/document verification. The list of shortlisted candidates for training will be displayed on the Notice Board/Website of the training institutes, along with tentative date of commencement of training.
G. Eligibility :
- Minimum educational qualification shall be 10th passed and the age of the candidate shall be between 18-35 years on the date of the notification.
- Medical Fitness :-
Candidates should be medically fit to undergo training. Candidate will be required to submit Fitness Certificate from a registered MBBS doctor, certifying that candidate is fit to undergo training in industrial environment and is fit with respect to visual/hearing/mental condition and is not suffering from any communicable disease.
H. Mode of Selection :
Selection will be on the basis of Merit List prepared (Trade-wise) in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification. The Merit List will be prepared on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in Matriculation.
I. Terms and Conditions for Trainees :
The candidates should be made aware, of following conditions through notification calling for application and through undertaking at the time of submission of application :
- The application should be submitted in prescribed format with necessary documents.
- Candidates imparted training under “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana” will have no claim to seek employment on Railways on the basis of such training.
- Railway administration will not be liable to pay stipend to the trainees.
- There will be no reservation given to the candidates under this Scheme. The training will be conducted irrespective of religion, caste, creed or race.
- Authorisation or entry pass will be issued.
- One candidate will be allowed to avail training in only one trade and only one time. No repetitive courses will be allowed to any candidate so that other candidates may also get chance.
- Since it is a short duration course, 75% attendance is a must for continuation tn the training and issue of a certificate.
- There will be a test after completion of training and certificates will be issued only to successful candidates.
- Pass criteria shall be 60% in practical and 55% in written (Objective) examination. Written examination will be conducted in online/offline mode.
- The training will be provided only during the day time.
- Trainees should follow the rules of the organization with full safety of jobs, tools, gauges, machines, equipments, human etc. He/she should not indulge in any activity which jeopardizes his /her safety or that of fellow workers. Further, he/she should not be part of any unethical activity. No FIR should have been lodged against the candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates should submit an affidavit on Rs. 10 non-judicial stamp paper, duly notarized to Railway for following the norms of skill. development training. The affidavit should cover the issue on employment, discipline and safety etc.
- The trainees will be provided helmet, face shield, industrial boots, hand gloves etc. required for developing the skill/safety on returnable basis.
- Trainees will not damage the Railway property during this training programme.
- No allowance like daily allowance/conveyance allowance or travelling allowance etc. will be paid to the trainee.
J. Curriculum for the Trade :
Training module/curriculum for each Trade has been designed / formulated by BLW for a 100 hrs. training and it will be similar across all training centres. In case, Railways/PUs are able to provide training programme of 300 Hrs. then such training centres will do so in co-ordination with NSDC for conduct of exam / certification and in such a scenario the total cost of certification will be borne by the trainee.
K. Management of Trained Persons :
Training Centres shall maintain data base of the trainees and provide it to BLW for maintaining database centrally on BLW website for Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana. BLW shall provide a quarterly report to Board.
L. Financial Implication :
- ‘Training will be provided free of cost to the trainees. No additional payment/allowance will be admissible to the instructors, Further, it will be a Day program only and hence, there will be no financial Implication involved on account of lodging and boarding.
- In case, any training institute is providing training with NSDC certification, then assessment/certification cost will be borne by the candidate.
- BLW will work out the exact financial implication of the training, if need be in consultation with other Training Institutes and submit the same to Board.