Redistribution of Non-Gazetted posts will be within the grade: Railway Board RBE No. 54/2022.
RBE NO. 54/2022
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Dated: 17 04.2022
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways/PUs
Sub: Redistribution of Non-Gazetted posts.
Ref: Board’s letter no. E(MPP)2021/1/13 dtd. 25/03/2021 and 14/01/2022.
Vide Board’s letter of even number dated 25.03.2021, GMs were advised to explore the possibilities of redistribution of posts at their end taking into account existing vacancies on the Railways, in terms of SOP 2018. This interim arrangement for redistribution of posts was made for a period of one year till 24/03/2022. Subsequently, vide Board’s letter of even number dated 14.01.2022, this interim arrangement was extended for one more year beyond 24.03.2022.
2. In this regard, references have been received from a few Railways requesting for reconsidering the above instructions and removing restriction of time limit and also permitting redistribution across the grades.
3. The matter has accordingly been examined in Board’s office and it has been decided that Railway may explore the possibilities of redistribution of posts at their end taking into account existing vacancies on the Railways, in terms of SOP 2018. Superseding the instructions issued vide reference above.
4. However, it is clarified that redistribution across the grades has not been agreed and redistribution of non-gazetted posts will be within the grade.
5. Further, such redistribution of posts may be exclusive of the posts that are required to be surrendered as per Railway Board’s reference and MOU for surrender of posts and also reduction on account of Work Study reports, as stipulated in MOUs signed between Railways and Board.
6. This disposes of the issues raised in GM/WR D.Oletter No. WR-HQOESTT(HHRD)/ 49/2020 dt. 21/01/2022. & Finance/ Creation/101 dt. 17/11/2021. GM/CR D.O. letter no. HPB/666/ E/C/Creation of posts dtd. 25/01/2022. and PCPO/ECoR letter no. ECoR/Pers/07/NG40/H/CHC /CTI/18/651 dtd. 10/12/2021.
7. This is issued with the approval of Board (CRB & MF).
Please acknowledge receipt.
Source: Click to view/download PDF