Relative Merit Points System and Procedure for selection by Compassionate appointment: Department of Telecommunication
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Telecommunications
Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road
Subject: Scheme for compassionate appointment – Relative Merit Points System and Procedure for selection in Department of Telecommunication.
The objective of the scheme is to grant appointment on compassionate grounds to a dependent family member of a Government servant dying in harness or who is retired on medical grounds, thereby leaving their family in penury and without any means of livelihood. It is to relieve the family of the concerned Government servant from financial destitution and to help them get over the emergency.
2. Keeping in view the objective of the scheme the existing instructions of DoPT relating to compassionate appointment have time and again been reviewed / modified / simplified so that the system finally derived at shall be more transparent, efficient and uniform in nature.
3. The existing position has been reviewed and it has been decided by the Competent Authority that to achieve the objective of the scheme for Compassionate Appointment and to ensure complete transparency, merits of the cases can be conveniently decided by allocating points to the applicants, based on various attributes indicated in the reference of DOP&T from time to time. Accordingly, the Departmental Committee, constituted for this purpose, has worked out a relative merit points system for assigning weightage to various attributes of the applicant for compassionate appointment based on a hundred point-scale as laid down in Annexure-I.
4. While applying 100 points scale parameters, as mentioned in Annexure-I, if situation arises that some candidates secure equal marks in merit and Cadre Controlling Authority is unable to decide the merit of such candidates. In such cases the tie breaking factor can be applied as follows:
i) Per dependent available income i.e., total of Annual Family Pension divided by total number of dependents. The lesser the per dependent available income, the higher the rank amongst the applicants whose scores had a tie.
5. The tie breaking factor(s) indicated above, should be used only to decide relative merit of the applicants scoring same points on 100-point scale and only if the applicants scoring same points cannot be accommodated against available vacancies.
6. Keeping in view the administrative requirement in processing such applications for appointment on compassionate grounds, the Form as in Annexure-II may be used for ascertaining necessary information which consists three part as under:
|1||A||Form for seeking Compassionate appointment by dependents of Government servants deceased while in service or retired on medical grounds.|
|2||B||To be filled by the Office in which employments proposed.|
|3||C||Relative Merit Points Assessment on a 100-point scale for compassionate appointment.|
7. The system of weightage not only awards objectivity to the entire method but also ensures complete transparency and uniformity in the selection process. Henceforth, weightage points system along with the instructions issued by the DoP&T would be strictly followed for assessing comparative merit of the applicants for compassionate appointment.
8. This issues with the approval of Secretary(T).
(Arvind Kumar Jha)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Ph. No. 011 -2303 6210
E-mail [email protected]
Encl.: As above.
- Welfare Officer, DoT, New Delhi.
- DDG(C&A), DoT; DG(T), DoT; Administrator (USOF), DoT; CGCA, DoT; Director(WMO); US(SEA), DoT
- RTI Section – for uploading at RTI portal
- Director (IT) — for uploading at DoT website.
- OL Section, DoT, New Delhi – for Hindi translation.
- Compassionate appointment in Department of Telecommunications – Cutt-off date, Validity period, Relative merit points
- Annexure-I: Relative Merit Points System and Procedure for selection by Compassionate appointment: Department of Telecommunication
- Annexure-II: Relative Merit Points System and Procedure for selection by Compassionate appointment: Department of Telecommunication