Revised VDA and Minimum Wages for Loading and Unloading workers w.e.f. 01.10.2022
Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Office of the Chief Labour Commissioner(C)
O R D E R
In exercise of the powers conferred by Central Government vide Notification No. S.O. 192(E), dated 19th January, 2017, of the Ministry of Labour & Employment the undersigned, hereby revises the rates of Variable Dearness Allowance on the basis of the average Consumer Price Index for Industrial workers reaching 365.76 from 3357.65 as on 30.06.2022 (Base Year 2016-100) and thereby resulting in an increase of 8.11 points. The revised Variable Dearness Allowance as under shall be payable from 01.10.2022:-
RATES OF V.D.A. FOR EMPLOYEES EMPLOYED IN LOADING AND UNLOADING IN (i) GOODS SHEDS, PARCEL OFFICES OF RAILWAYS, (ii) OTHER GOODS-SHEDS, GODOWNS, WAREHOUSES AND OTHER SIMILAR EMPLOYMENTS; (iii) DOCKS AND PORTS; AND (iv) PASSENGERS GOODS AND CARGO CARRIED OUT AT AIRPORTS (BOTH INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC).
Therefore, the minimum rates of wages including the basic rates and Variable Dearness Allowance payable w.e.f. 01.10.2022 to the employees shall be as under:-
|AREA||RATES OF V.D.A. PER DAY (IN RS.)|
Therefore the minimum rates of wages showing the basic rates and variable Dearness Allowance payable w.e.f. 01.10.2022 shall be as under:-
|AREA||RATES OF WAGES PLUS V.D.A. PER DAY|
|‘A’||523 +||188 =||711|
|‘B’||437 +||158 =||595|
|‘C’||350 +||127 =||477|
The VDA has been rounded off to the next higher rupee as per the decision of the Minimum Wages Advisory Board.
The classification of workers under different categories will be same as in Part- 1 of the notification, whereas classification of cities will be same as in the Part-II of the notification dated 19th January, 2017. The present classification of cities into areas A, B & C is enclosed at Annexure I for ready reference.
Chief Labour Commissioner(C)
- Revised Variable DA & Minimum Wages for Mines Workers w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised Variable DA & Minimum Wages for Construction & Maintenance Workers w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised Variable Dearness Allowance and Minimum Wages for Loading and unloading Workers of Railways, Docks, Ports etc. w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised Variable DA and Minimum Wages for Sweeping and Cleaning Worker w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised Variable Dearness Allowance and Minimum Wages for Watch and Ward Duties with and without Arms w.e.f 1st October 2022
- Revised Variable DA & Minimum Wages for Industrial Workers of Stone Mines w.e.f 1st October 2022
Source: Click to view/download PDF