Building a Pensioned Society enabled through Digi Locker – PFRDA Circular dated 19.10.2022
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Circular No: PFRDA/2022/30/SUP-CRA/11
19 Oct 2022
All NPS stakeholders
Digi Locker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India flagship program with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and a pensioned Society. Digi Locker embraces Digital India’s vision areas of providing the Citizens a shareable private digital space with a consent framework and making all documents/certificates digitally available and accessible at ease. The number of Registered Users of Digi Locker are nearly 13 cr and 5.60 billion issued documents under various Categories viz Central/ State Governments, Banking & Insurance, Education, Health etc.
2. Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRAs) of PFRDA have become Digi Locker Partner Organizations to provide Subscriber Centric online Services indicated vide Circular PFRDA/2022/16/SUP CRA/4 dated 27 July 2022.
3. As a tribute to 75 Years of India’s Independence Day Celebration and to commemorate Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, PFRDA is pleased to provide following additional features through Digi Locker:
- Account opening using Driving License (DL) through Digi Locker ( Annexure I)
- Updation of existing address using DL through Digi Locker ( Annexure II)
4. The facility can be availed by prospective subscribers opening their accounts with Protean CRA and existing subscribers of Protean CRA for updating their address.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 14 of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013 to protect the interests of subscribers and to regulate, promote and ensure orderly growth of the National Pension System.
Digitally signed by K
Chief General Manager
Steps for opening the NPS account using Driving License issued in Digi Locker
- Open the NPS registration page on Protean CRA website.
- Select the option of New Registration with Documents with Digi Locker and select Driving License (DL).
- Applicant redirected to Digi Locker Website, where he can login with login credentials and provide consent for sharing of documents/information with CRA.
- Allow NPS to access Digi Locker and issued documents.
- The demographic Information and the photo as per Driving License will be auto populated in the account opening Page.
- Provide PAN, personal details, Information related to Bank Account, Scheme & Nomination and other details to complete the application.
- Payment can be made towards NPS Contribution.
- NPS Account generated successfully.
Steps for updating the address in NPS account using Driving License issued in Digi Locker
- Login to NPS account using credentials on Protean CRA website.
- Select the option Update Personal Details under the tab Demographic Changes.
- select Update Address Details and further select through DigiLocker and select Driving License under documents.
- Subscriber redirected to Digi Locker Website, where he can login with login credentials and provide consent for sharing of documents/information with CRA.
- Allow NPS to access Digi Locker, issued documents, and submit.
- Old address and new address will be shown to subscriber. Subscriber can verify the details and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- Upon submitting the OTP, address as per Driving License will be updated in NPS account immediately.