SB Order No. 17/2022: Steps to be taken for smooth functioning of POSB operations and prevention of frauds in post offices
SB Order No. 17 /2022
F. No. FS-09/1/2021-FS-DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Financial Services Division)
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles/Regions
Subject: Steps to be taken for smooth functioning of POSB operations and prevention of frauds in post offices reg.
In order to protect investments of small savers from any attempted frauds/misappropriation linking of mobile number of account holder was made MANDATORY for opening of any new account and steps to be taken for linking of mobile number in all existing accounts were prescribed vide SB Order No. 17/2017 dated 23.10.2017.
2. Further instructions in this regard were issued vide SB Order No. 01/2022 dated 13.01.2022.
3. Further, to avoid linkage of fictitious/same mobile number in multiple CIFs, the following amendments have been made in CCRC/CMRC menu in Finacle:
“One mobile number can be linked with a maximum of 5 CIFs through the CCRC/CMRC menu. On exceeding the limit, system will throw an error message “Mobile No is linked with more than 5 CIF IDs”.
4. Accordingly, I am directed to say that users shall ensure updation of correct/genuine mobile number at the time of creation of any new CIF or modification in any existing CIF. Post Office user can find out linked CIFs of any mobile number by using CCIFINQ.
5. It is requested to circulate it to all concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
6. This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB-IT)
Copy to: –
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General Postal Services.