Linking of CGHS Beneficiary ID with the ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) ID – CGHS O.M.
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 11 January, 2023
SUBJECT: Linking of CGHS Beneficiary ID with the ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) ID.
With reference to the above mentioned subject and in alignment with its vision of being the first choice in providing quality healthcare services and ensuring holistic well-being across clients’ entire life span, Central Government Health Scheme has found it imperative to adopt new technology and innovations in the delivery of quality healthcare.
In this regard, CGHS has already completed the process of onboarding on the ‘Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission’ (ABDM) Platform.
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission has ushered India into a new era of technology enabled healthcare delivery. Ayushman Bharat Health Account number or popularly known as ABHA number, a component of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission, is a randomly generated 14 digit number that will enable access to health records from registration to treatment and discharge in a paperless manner with multiple ABDM registered healthcare providers. Also, most importantly it is private and secure.
Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) Number for a patient/ beneficiary is a hassle-free method of accessing and sharing his/her health records digitally. It enables the patient/ beneficiary to interact with participating healthcare providers (including CGHS wellness centres), and allows him/ her to receive digital lab reports, prescriptions and diagnosis seamlessly from verified healthcare professionals and health service providers.
The other benefits of Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) Number for a patient/ beneficiary include:
a. All medical reports are linked to ABHA and stored with the healthcare information provider (HIP)
b. The health records are being shared through a Health information exchange consent management system that ensures data is not shared among healthcare information providers and users without the approval of the person to whom data is related.
c. Safe and secure mechanism to share health records. The individual can decide the reports/ records to be shared and the time period for which such record is to be shared.
d. ABHA number helps in establishing a unique identity across different healthcare providers within the healthcare ecosystem.
e. It helps in linking all healthcare benefits ranging from public health programmes to insurance schemes to your unique ABHA number.
f. ABHA number also helps in avoiding long queues for registration in healthcare facilities across the country.
e. Seamless sign up for PHR (Personal Health Records) applications such as ABDM-ABHA mobile application for Health data sharing.
How does an ABHA number work?
ABHA number is a 14 digit number that uniquely identifies a participant in India’s digital healthcare ecosystem. ABHA number will establish a strong and trustable identity for the participant that shall be accepted by healthcare providers across the country.
ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) Address:
- ABHA Address is a unique identifier (self declared username) that enables a user to share and access your health records digitally. The ABHA address may look like ‘yourname@consent manager’.For instance, xyz@abdm is a ABHA address with ABDM Consent Manager that shall facilitate health data exchange with appropriate consent on the ABDM network.
- ABHA address is a unique address or username being created by an individual and can be linked with the ABHA number. It is being created for easy remembrance and usage and is similar to any email ID.
- ABHA address should not be confused with a residential address as it is only an electronic username being used in the application and at the facilities in place of the ABHA number.
- A beneficiary can use his/her ABHA number to seamlessly sign up for a ABHA address, and ensure that the health records created, are shared only with him/her. To enable health data sharing, it is advised that a beneficiary creates ABDM-ABHA address and link it with your ABHA number.
- ABHA address can be generated through ABHA mobile application.
CGHS has already onboarded on the ABDM platform with majority of its Wellness Centres registered as ‘Healthcare facilities’ on ABDM platform. In the near future, a beneficiary having his/ her Beneficiary ID linked with Aadhar based ABHA number can avail all the aforementioned facilities through the CGHS wellness centres as well.
Moreover, a beneficiary can participate at his/her own free will and choose to create his/ her ABHA number voluntarily. Also, at any time, he/ she can request for permanent deletion or temporary deactivation of the ABHA number.
Steps to Register for ABHA number and link with CGHS Beneficiary ID
To register for an ABHA number and link the same with the CGHS beneficiary ID, he/she needs to follow the below mentioned steps. If a beneficiary has already created his/her ABHA number, then it is advised to directly jump to point 13 below.
1. User should open browser, Enter URL: https://cghs.nic.in
2. Hover mouse on menu ‘Beneficiaries’
3. Click on ‘Beneficiary Login’
4. Enter Beneficiary ID, Enter Password, Enter Captcha. In case password is not known, User can reset password by clicking on Generate /Reset Password.
5. Enter OTP sent on registered Mobile Number.
6. To link and create ABHA ID, hover mouse on Update Menu
7. Click on Create / Link ABHA ID
8. To create ABHA ID for family members, each family member would have to mapped, after main card holder logs in through “Beneficiary login”.
9. Click on “I don’t have ABHA Number”
10. Enter Aadhaar Number ,read and give the consent
11. Enter OTP sent on Mobile Number registered with Aadhaar Number and click on Verify OTP.
12. User can see Link Status. If Details get matched , then user can print ABHA Card by clicking on Print ABHA Card.
WHEN USER ALREADY HAS ABHA NUMBER.
13. Enter ABHA Number in LINK USING ABHA NUMBER in Consent Collection User need to read the consent form and give their consent Click on Get OTP
14. Enter OTP sent on Mobile Number linked with AADHAAR Number.
Click on Verify OTP
15. User can see Link Status. If Details get matched , then user can print ABHA Card by clicking on Print ABHA Card.
Facilities available through ABHA mobile application
In addition, a user can also download ABHA mobile application. The ABHA mobile application shall offer the following benefits to the beneficiary.
- Creation of ABHA number under self-registration mode.
- Creation of ABHA address and linking it with ABHA number.
- Health records can be linked and fetched from HIPs.
- Health records available in physical form can be uploaded and stored in ABHA app through different electronic lockers.
- Search for facilities/doctors based on location or specialty.
Signed by Nikhilesh
Date: 11-01-2023 13:51:35
- AD(HQ), CGHS / Addl. DDG(HQ), CGHS
- All the Additional Directors CGHS of all Cites/Zones/AD(MSD)
- PPS to Secretary, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- PPS to SS&DG, CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- PPS to JS(CGHS) , MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi