Management of load on PFMS during the closing of Financial year 2022-23 – CGA O.M. dated 15-03-2023
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan,
Block-E, GPO Complex, INA
Subject:-Management of load on PFMS during the closing of Financial year 2022-23-req.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the subject above and state that the load of transactions on PFMS need to be managed to achieve optimum performance efficiency. The most important measure in this regard is to spread the process of sanction generation and bill passing evenly to avoid crowding in the last a few days of Financial year closing.
2. To avoid a situation of system overload that may adversely affect the smooth payment process in PFMS, It has been decided to adopt staggered timing for Ministries/ Departments divided into two categories for pushing expenditure through PFMS preferably as per details below:
a) Category A: 07:30 AM – 01:30 PM
b) Category B: 01:30 PM – 07:30 PM
It is important to mention that there is no systemic check on this account and the categorisation and the suggested timings are advisory in nature only. However, this will enhance the efficiency of the operation of both field units as well as PFMS.
The category wise distribution of Ministries/ Departments is enclosed.
3. All Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC) are requested to enforce following measures to further manage the PFMS system overload:
- The pendency position of bills may be monitored at the end of each day through Reports available in PEMS with a view to keep the bills under process to a bare minimum.
- Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs are requested to coordinate with respective Divisions of their Ministries/Departments to ensure that the bills of regular nature are preferred early by PDs/DDOs so that the bills related to Supplementary Demands/CSSs/CSs could be smoothly passed at the fag end of the FY closing.
4. The PFMS will be functional on all days upto 31% March, 2023 (including Saturdays, Sundays and Gazzetted Holidays). Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs(IC) shall keep their Pr.AO and PAOs open for clearing of pending bills on all days till the closing of FY. Suitable instructions for availability of DDOs and other departmental officers during this period may be issued.
This issues with the approval of Controller General of Accounts.
(Harish Kumar Srivastav)
Joint CGA (GIFMIS — PFMS)
All Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC)
- PPS to CGA.
- PPS to Additional Secretary (PFS), M/o Finance, D/o Expenditure
- All Addl.CGAs
- All Jt.CGAs/CC(Pension)/Director(INGAF).
- All Dy.CGAs/ACGAs.
- Sr.AO(GIFMIS) for uploading on website.
Source : Click to view/download PDF