Posting of contractual staff working on sensitive posts : CGA, FinMin OM dated 17.03.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Block-E, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110023
Subject:-Posting of contractual staff working on sensitive posts -reg.
Precheck and Payment are one of the important functions of a Pay and Accounts Office. The PAO is the last and critical checkpoint to ensure desired exchequer control by way of precheck of bills. The posting of Contractual staff in these sections/areas of work increases the risks as such staff are not governed under CCS (Conduct) Rules and their engagements are always temporary in nature. In view of sensitive nature of work related to precheck and payment, contractual staff are not to be posted in these sections and also not to be engaged for providing any support function related to these areas of work.
2. Further, Contractual Staff also need to be rotated regularly to avoid developing of vested interests.
3. The User IDs/passwords are individual officer specific and under no circumstances to be shared with anyone and passwords are to be changed regularly to prevent misuse and fraud.
4. All the addressee officials are requested to take necessary action to ensure compliance of these instructions and a compliance report in this regard may be sent to this office by 24.03.2023.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority
Jt. Controller General of Accounts (CDN)
- Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs/CC(Pension), Director (INGAF), CFC (Civil Aviation & Tourism) & ADG(B&A), Prasar Bharti (As per list attached).
- Jt. CGA (Admin), O/o CGA.
- PPS to CGA
- PPS to Addl. CGA (PFMS Division)
- PS to Addl. CGA (HR & O)
- PS to Addl. CGA (A&FR)
- Sr.AO (ITD), O/o CGA for uploading on website
- Guard file
Source : Click to view/download PDF