MoHFW revised / guidelines for issuance of Anti-Cancer Medicines in CGHS
F. No. Z 25015/21/2023/DIR/CGHS
Min. of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate of CGHS
Sector-13, RK Puram, New Dethi-110066
Dated: August, 2023
Subject: Revised guidelines for issuance of Anti-Cancer Medicines in CGHS regarding
With reference to the above subject, the undersigned is directed to convey the approval of the Competent Authority to issue revised guidelines for the approval of anti-cancer medicines to CGHS beneficiaries as per the details given below:
i) In respect of non-imported off-line Anti-cancer medicines, advised by a Specialist of Govt. Hospital/ empanelled hospital, approval shall be granted as per the details given as under :
- If the cost of medicines is less than Rs. 1,00,000/- for one chemotherapy cycle, It shall be approved by the Addl. Director, CGHS without the requirement of examination by STC., for a maximum of 3 cycles. Meanwhile, an STC examination may be carried out.
- if the cost of medicines is between Rs.1,00,00 to Rs. 1,50,000/- for one chemotherapy cycle, it shall be approved by the Director, CGHS without the requirement of examination by STC for a maximum of 3 cycles. Meanwhile, STC examination may be carried out.
- In case the cost of medicines is more than Rs. 1,50,000/- for one chemotherapy cycle, the cases shall be placed before the STC of experts for justification, before seeking the approval of the Competent Authority.
- Once, a particular drug for chemotherapy for an individual beneficiary has been approved, on the recommendation of STC, no further STC approval shall be needed for further continuation of treatment, provided the same treatment is continued.
ii) In respect of imported anti-cancer medicines, the existing guidelines would continue as follows:
“The medicine which has been advised by Govt. Specialists / Specialists of Empaneled hospitals shall be placed before the STC of Experts and if the medicine is justified, approval of Competent Authority and concurrence of IFD shall be solicited. After the approval of the Competent Authority, an indent for such medicines shall be placed with the Embassy / High Commission of the concerned country for procurement.”
signed by Mano) Jain
Date; 25-08-2028 16:50:20
(Dr. Manoj Jain)
- Addl. Director, CGHS(HQ)/ Addl. DDG(HQ)
- All the Addl. Directors of Cities / Zones with a direction to display a copy of the Order in the Notice board at CGHS Wellness Centres.
- Additional Directors, CGHS shall also share a copy of the order with members of LACs and ZACs
- Nodal Officer, MCTC (CGHS) with a request to upload on CGHS Website.
- Deputy Secretary, EHS section, MoHFW.