CGHS: Revision of time limit for submission of final claims for reimbursement
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: the June, 2020
Subject: Revision of time limit for submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses under CGHS.
The undersigned is directed to refer to CGHS guidelines wherein the time limit for submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses is 3 months. The matter has been examined in this Ministry and it has been decided to revise the time limit for submission of final claims for reimbursement of medical expenses to 6 months.
2, Henceforth, only the cases in which the bills are submitted after 6 months from the date of completion of medical treatment/ discharge of the patient from the hospital are required to be taken up for condonation. The power of condonation of such delays and other terms and conditions would be same as enumerated in the O.M. No. S.14025/8/99-MS dated 25.05.1999.
3. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
- All Ministries/Departments, Government of India
- PPS to Secretary (H&F W)/Secretary (AYUSH)Secretary (HR) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- PPS to DGHS/AS&DG (CGHS)/AS&FA/AS&MD, NRHM/AS(H), MoHFW, New Delhi
- Director, CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- Addl. DDG(HQ), CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- AD(HQ), CGHS, R.K.Puram, Sector-12, New Delhi
- All Addl. Directors/Joint Directors of CGHS cities outside Delhi
- Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
- Registrar. Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
- U.P.S.C. Dholpur House, New Delhi
- Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Pocket-9, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg. New Delhi.
- Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi
- Secretary. Staff Side, 13-D, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
- All Staff Side Members of National Council (JCM)
- ED(H)/Planning, Railway Board. Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi — 110001
- Central Organisation, ECHS, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
- Chairman, Employees State Insurance Corporation, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Panchdeep Bhawan, C.I.G. Marg, New Delhi-1 10002
- UTI-ITSL, 153/1, First Floor, Old Madras Road, Ulsoor, Bengaluru-
- Hindi Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi for providing Hindi version of this OM.
- Guard file.