Timely release of terminal benefits to the families of the government employees who have died in harness due to Corona pandemic or other reasons: Department of Telecommunications OM dated 01.06.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Telecommunications
516, Sanchar Bhawan
20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi
Dated: 01st June, 2021
Subject: Timely release of terminal benefits to the families of the government employees who have died in harness due to Corona pandemic or other reasons -reg.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many officers and officials of this Department have unfortunately lost their lives untimely. The situation is even more painful where the officer/official happened to be the sole bread earner in the family.
2. In this hour of grief, to support the bereaved family, the payment of terminal benefits must be processed with utmost priority as per the procedure contained in Rule 77 to 80-D, CCS Pension Rules 1972. Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare has also issued instructions regarding immediate payment of provisional family pension in relaxation of Rule 80-A vide OM No.1/11/2020-P&PW (E) dated 29th July 2020, Circulated vide OM of even number dt. 29th Sept 2020. Copy enclosed.
3. Regarding deceased government employees covered under NPS, this Department has already circulated DoP&PW Gazette Notification dated 30.03.2021 regarding CCS(Implementation of National Pension Scheme) Rules 2021. Copy enclosed.
4. All the concerned administrative authorities/ HOOs and CCAs must accordingly take immediate steps to process the family pension cases. Further, in all such cases the family members of the deceased employees may be contacted and helped in all possible manners for submission of requisite claims for pensionary benefits. (Form-12 and Form-14 are also enclosed).
5. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Ph. 011 2303 6213
- All the office of Pr. CCA/ CCAs/ LSAs/ Head of BSNL circles.
- Sr. DDG(TEC), Khurshid Lal Bhawan, Janpath, New Delhi, WMO/NCCS
- DDG(A/cs), DDG(C&A), DDG(Pers.),DDG(E&T), DoT, HQ.
- Dir(Accounts-I), Dir(Accounts-II), Dir(Staff), Dir(SEA), Dir(Civil), Dir(Arch.), Dir(Elect.), DS(Admn.I), DS(Admn.II), DoT, HQ
- US(Admn.I, US(Admn.II), US(Admn.III), US(SGT), US(SNG), ADG(SEA-I), ADG(SEA-II), Dot –with request to take immediate steps in the matter and forward Service Books of such deceased employees along with relevant documents to Pension Section, DoT for further n/a.
- ADG(E&C), DoT for uploading this OM on website of DoT